BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looked really interesting to me. OBDII reader, logger, gauge readout, and it is customizable. And to me, possibility of a much cleaner install than pillar gauges.

http://dashdaq.com/features/whatis.htm

Anyone have any experience with this?

(i looked in search and couldn't find any mention)

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Looks like a product I'd been thinking about for ages. (I'd like to inject the video signal into the nav screen display.)

I like the fact that you can code it yourself as well.

But it is out of stock!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a really good idea about outputting to the NAV screen. I don't even use my NAV as I have stand alone units. I am going to give the company a ring to see if that is possible and see when they are going to be back in stock.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
That's a really good idea about outputting to the NAV screen. I don't even use my NAV as I have stand alone units. I am going to give the company a ring to see if that is possible and see when they are going to be back in stock.
Since you can get a Nav TV unit that will display an NTSC video source onto the monitor, all they need to provide is an NTSC output. Of course even better if they can decode the nav and access the display directly!

·
Registered
543 Posts
very cool - would like know if this can replace my GT2 units. Also interested to see what gauges can be shown - for instance Oil Pressure. I have loads of experience with the telematics systems for Class 8 trucks, and this system looks like it is operating on the same principles.

FYI, if it is build correctly you should be able to use your cell phone to upload telemetry data to a host computer.

cool cool cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts