BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
There are at least 2-3 other threads on that unit already. It wont work on our cars unless you rip out the whole set up.

Reactions: blackxs

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There are at least 2-3 other threads on that unit already. It wont work on our cars unless you rip out the whole set up.
Hey, Happy bday! I think the threads are on other units. I did a seach first, didn't find this particular one or company in any thread.

Thanks, though!

-crds

PS: I searched for qualir, bmw686, and autodvdgps - found nothing on any of those keywords.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
OOps my bad. I thought it was the same as that other unit.

Apologies.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOps my bad. I thought it was the same as that other unit.

Apologies.
No problem! I'm trying to get answers from China, but of course that takes a day for each email exchange so it is slow going zzzzz

-crds

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Hey, Happy bday! I think the threads are on other units. I did a seach first, didn't find this particular one or company in any thread.

Thanks, though!

-crds

PS: I searched for qualir, bmw686, and autodvdgps - found nothing on any of those keywords.
Its the same as the Dynavin unit. It has all the same listed features. Heck, it even uses the same pictures from the Dynavin advertisements.

(even if it wasnt - would you really want to buy from a site that states: "90% items from QualiR have stocks, CE marking, FCC certification, and are ready to be shipped")

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the same as the Dynavin unit. It has all the same listed features. Heck, it even uses the same pictures from the Dynavin advertisements.

(even if it wasnt - would you really want to buy from a site that states: "90% items from QualiR have stocks, CE marking, FCC certification, and are ready to be shipped")
Agreed the english is questionable, perhaps they mean that 90% of anything you order ships from stock, not that 90% have CE and FCC markings. Also, Qualir has a HUGE selection for literally dozens of cars, where Dynavin has only Merc, Audi and BMW.

Last, I'm not seeing the resemblance other that they both fit into an E39: they appear to be distinctly different units. These two images are directly from the Qualir (car gps - auto dvd - buy car navigation radio from QualiR) and Dynavin sites (www.dynavin.com):

Here is the Qualir:
Qualir_BMW686.jpg

Here is the Dynavin:
Dynavin.jpg

-crds

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Upon closer inspection its a Houligan not the Dynavin. Still not very high quality tech, if there was a high quality piece out there, you would know about it, cause everyone would have one. All these aftermarket navs are trade-offs in some way or another.

Also im not 100% but I dont think Qualir actualy makes their own stuff, at the least the are just an online store, at best they pay to put their own brand name on other china junk... because thats definitely the Houligan unit they picture.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Upon closer inspection its a Houligan not the Dynavin. Still not very high quality tech, if there was a high quality piece out there, you would know about it, cause everyone would have one. All these aftermarket navs are trade-offs in some way or another.

Also im not 100% but I dont think Qualir actualy makes their own stuff, at the least the are just an online store, at best they pay to put their own brand name on other china junk... because thats definitely the Houligan unit they picture.
Aha yes, that one looks the same. Found a lot of info by searching for "haulingan" which is apparently the actual company name. Qualir has been in business since 1998, Haulingan since 2004, though Haulingan claims to be a manufacturer (see http://en.hualingan.com/html-en/about-us.html) and Qualir only claims to be a wholesale compang (AutoDVDGPS Knowledgebase / About Qualir). None the less it is evident that they carry the same stuff.

Thanks for the reference... now I can listen and heed he warnings of others :tonquesmilie:

-crds

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
It is impossible for any after market system to be simple plug and play if you have OEM Nav. The minimum aditional requirement would be an extension harness to run from the boot (trunk) to the dash for speaker/amp and antenna connections. DSP will also cause problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts