BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stock wheels and tire size (hankook evo2). Not sure why it’s rubbing. No mention of the shocks being worn either by my mechanic... I would rather go b6 but I’m afraid of running into the same issue. They said coilovers would prevent this.

I like the ride feel after changing the springs. Also added Dinan rear sway, front roll control kit and bump stops. Feels much more planted. But again, I need to fix my rubbing issue.

I got an OK deal from turner ($3k otd). I’ve been eyeing the b16 for a while so I went for it. Got another email saying it’s delayed Until end of April. I’m sure because of COVID.

stay safe and healthy everyone. I’ll chime in my thoughts once they’re on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oops forgot about this thread... I got mine installed a couple weeks ago. I have the height about the same as with H&R springs. They ride better than my previous set up (h&r springs and oem shocks) and edc works as designed. Im keeping edc in comfort for now. It is a pleasant; stiffer than stock but not harsh. I’m more confident in handling capability (I also have dinan rear sway bar and dinan front roll control). I’m on oem wheels with 15mm front and 10mm rear spacers but will go with 20s in the near future. So far I’m happy with them and would recommend for anyone that wants coil overs for their e60 m5.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
OK that explains the rubbing issue you had: spacers.
The advantage of coil overs one can go with wider tires due to less interference at spring perches, due to smaller coil diameter

21 - 25 of 25 Posts