BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for sound clips and videos and couldn't come up with anything.

I'm thinking about deleting the second cats/resonators and replacing the mufflers with pipes.

Chime in

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
What's with the recent "i wanna delete my secondary cats" threads? Do a search and you will be over whelmed with information.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's with the recent "i wanna delete my secondary cats" threads? Do a search and you will be over whelmed with information.
I'm aware of these threads, I saw the "deleted second cats and got 12.77 whp" or whatever it was, I'm asking if anyone has cut off their mufflers as well, basically running straight pipes after the first cat

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you for the heads up, I figured this would be the case. Wouldn't the top end increase though with a large sacrifice for low end though? Instead of being a complete power loss?
Also, you won't be able to pass California emissions. Dinan sells straight pipes but makes no power improvement claims - they do show more hp and tq with their high flow mid pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.