BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this mod where you open up the stock mufflers, remove the guts, then weld it back together?
I am looking for pics on what the inside of the stock mufflers look like, and what is actually removed.

Thanks

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect! Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I saw troys post where he mentioned doing this, I asked for a vid but im sure he doesn't have that kind of time. It was on the thread where the guy didn't like his muffler delete. I have that same exact fear, that it will be too loud for me. So after reading troys post where he mentioned this mod, I was highly interested. I currently have my resonators deleted, and plan on doing this in early October. I can post before and after vids if anyones interested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I got the idea from Troy. When I was with him last week, We were gonna have his guy Dave do it. Dave did it on Troys other car. I just didnt have the time, I needed to hit the road. I wish I had waited now.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Have you done one without wrapping the piping? I want to do mine but just take out the packing and have a hollow muffler essentially.
That's how I did mine. Love the sound. At least I think I did. Haven't driven it in two months now. :|

1 - 16 of 16 Posts