BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im interested in running no angel eyes on my 02'...... anyone find a way to bypass that Check Side Lights code? i would just put a wire in the plug but the current is live.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Diny has done this...you should be hearing from him shortly, but if you don't, PM him.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Mine is hardly a mainstream solution, though...
Mainstream shmainstream.....Do things the hardest way possible or don't do them at all!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
You can simply code it off using NCS or PA Soft
Is that true? Last time I looked at the LCM coding portion of PA Soft (its been a long while) I only recall seeing the cold and warm checks for the side lights and angel eyes, but no means to turn them off so voltage is not sent to that circuit.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Is that true? Last time I looked at the LCM coding portion of PA Soft (its been a long while) I only recall seeing the cold and warm checks for the side lights and angel eyes, but no means to turn them off so voltage is not sent to that circuit.
Yes, if you code the cold/warm checks off, then you just don't put any bulbs in there. To turn off voltage being sent might be something a little advanced, perhaps re-programming the LCM itself.
I actually don't have that software...(or a laptop capable) I'll need to find someone local to the Orlando area or an independant. I'll pay anybody but the stealership...
Haha I hear ya, pretty sure someone on here in your area has the software(s)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The CC messages can also be coded to off with NavCoder. Once the CC messages are off you can just remove the bulb. I do have one question though; why do you want to disable the side lights (parking lights)?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The CC messages can also be coded to off with NavCoder. Once the CC messages are off you can just remove the bulb. I do have one question though; why do you want to disable the side lights (parking lights)?
We'll I am in the process of deleting my Angel eyes on my 02', and if you remove the Angel eye plug from The bulb. It throws a "check side lights" message.....

I can live with the annoying message every time I drive the car. I just prefer my trouble codes to be clear. With my fog light delete, I just put a wire in the bulb socket to simulate a bulb being present. That works fine as far as the trouble code because you just can't flip the fog light switch. But the Angel eyes have a live current every time you turn the parking light/headlights on. Don't wanna fry my wiring...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
We'll I am in the process of deleting my Angel eyes on my 02', and if you remove the Angel eye plug from The bulb. It throws a "check side lights" message.....

I can live with the annoying message every time I drive the car. I just prefer my trouble codes to be clear. With my fog light delete, I just put a wire in the bulb socket to simulate a bulb being present. That works fine as far as the trouble code because you just can't flip the fog light switch. But the Angel eyes have a live current every time you turn the parking light/headlights on. Don't wanna fry my wiring...
:
Once the CC messages are disabled, you can just in plug the bulb. There will be no current. Voltage yes, but with no load; no current. I/E*R.

What are your plans for side lights after the deletion of the AEs?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

:
Once the CC messages are disabled, you can just in plug the bulb. There will be no current. Voltage yes, but with no load; no current. I/E*R.

What are your plans for side lights after the deletion of the AEs?
The previous owner actually had the parking lights disabled (only come on with turn signals). What I plan to do actually is purchase a quality yellow highbeam bulb, have the DRL activated. And somehow paint the Angel eyes with an aluminum coating or fab an actual aluminum cover for them. Might even spray the highbeam housing yellow with some krylon to enhance that French yellow DRL effect.

The car has euro lenses.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Why? Just curious

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Lets bring back under body neon lights

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
How to enable/disable front standing lights (AKA side lights or Parking lights). Or at least this is what it suspect from what NCS Dummy was displaying. If you code your car you do this at your own risk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts