BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done this? Specifically to a B8? I was thinking that it could be done with dental floss or something? And put magnets on the badges to put them back on when you want to?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly received :M5rev:

all the best
adam

·
Registered
375 Posts
my, B8 is debadged, no Alpina stripes. The only thing that says "Alpina" on the exterior is the front spoiler. The car looks like a 328i :D . At least that's what the majority of M3, S4 or 911 drivers think, before i stomp on the gas :hihi:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
It's possible to use a magnet - I believe Gustav had a 320d badge he would put on his M3 3.2 this way...

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes magnets look like the best bet, im only worried that some thief would steal the badge :(

Mill i bet you have fun with the ultimate stealth car :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
mill said:
my, B8 is debadged, no Alpina stripes. The only thing that says "Alpina" on the exterior is the front spoiler. The car looks like a 328i :D . At least that's what the majority of M3, S4 or 911 drivers think, before i stomp on the gas :hihi:
My B8 touring is also debadged, I'm looking forward to doing the same with said drivers (only picked the car up last night!)

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Tinker said:
My B8 touring is also debadged, I'm looking forward to doing the same with said drivers (only picked the car up last night!)
Excellent! We need to see pictures. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
When mine was bought new the first owner wanted it debaged,all the bits to be put in the boot when collected badges steering wheel etc.This request is on the original bill of sale.All he wanted was the front spoiler and the wheels.

But now she is fully badged,so now everybody knows what they are messing with.A real ALPINA.:byee55amg

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the badges on mine. More than once I have seen people in my rear view mirror staring at the back of the car and reading them out aloud to their passengers, it confuses them a bit. You also get used to people giving the car another look as you turn off at a junction and they want to see it from a side view.
What the hell, if it makes other people interested then it has got to help spread the Alpina word.

Jim

·
Registered
223 Posts
my BT is also debadged...no sign on the trunk:nono: , no stripes:nono: just a cute "alpina" on the front spoiler :p

regards alex

·
Registered
146 Posts
Full livery and badges for me.

I'm very proud to be driving an Alpina. Most people don't know what it all means anyway.

·
Registered
885 Posts
B10Ken said:
Full livery and badges for me.

I'm very proud to be driving an Alpina. Most people don't know what it all means anyway.
I'm with you here Ken,full package.I like to see what i'm dealing with myself. :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts