BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the BMW extended warranty for their M5 from a BMW dealership yet?

Have you had an opportunity to use it? Was it easy to get get the repair/fix authorized?

Can I ask what any of you have paid for the warranty? I was under the impression that each dealership can set their own price? Have you found this to be true?

I've got a little over 4k miles until I run out--Yikes!!! Thanks!!!

Anita

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just rolled over 50,320 miles..........warranty cost was $3600 or $3800.....I passed

·
Registered
487 Posts
Anita said:
Has anyone bought the BMW extended warranty for their M5 from a BMW dealership yet?

Have you had an opportunity to use it? Was it easy to get get the repair/fix authorized?

Can I ask what any of you have paid for the warranty? I was under the impression that each dealership can set their own price? Have you found this to be true?

I've got a little over 4k miles until I run out--Yikes!!! Thanks!!!

Anita

When I checked it was in the high $2k range and there are two warranties avaialble seperate. One is for mechanical and they have another you can purchase for maitenance. If you purchase it and then trade in the car they will credit you back for the unused portion or you can use it as a perk to a new owner. One mile over the mileage limit and it is not available.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Joe Lapicki said:
Just rolled over 50,320 miles..........warranty cost was $3600 or $3800.....I passed
Joe. They quoted you despite the mods on your car? Jeff cherrsagai

·
Registered
212 Posts
in the uk i kept the extended warrantee for my m5 for 3 years and it rose from £500 to £620 ($1000).

Was brilliant and saved me a fortune in maintenance. Engine management was replaced, various cam sensors and idle valves etc and also you get a better service i believe as you are stil a regular customer rather than calling in when you need them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Jeff..............the sales department quoted me.......they probably were unaware of the mods. I would assume the BMW Extended Warranty would cover Dinan stuff...........anybody know ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you are planning to keep the car, I'd get one. They were unavailable to me and I average $1200 of repairs per 10,000 miles. I've got 94,000 miles and I'm getting ready to cough up $2400-2500 for the On Board Computer screen which controls my radio, Security codes and GPS. I should be pushing $1400-1500/10,000 after this and that doesn't include scheduled maintainance!

These cars can be time bombs!

I'm gonna trade!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. Got pricing info today from the local dealer--HIGH--range from 36 mos/75K priced at $3373 to 48 mos/100K for $6459!! The finance person also told me the BMW plan is administered by Easy Care (a division of Ford Motor Co, he said)--is that your understanding too???

Thanks again,
Anita

·
Registered
797 Posts
Joe Lapicki said:
...I would assume the BMW Extended Warranty would cover Dinan stuff...........anybody know ?
From the service guys at BMW Towson ... "No".

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts