BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not seen any reviews of this product and it looks like a great solution to a long withstanding problem. They are a little pricey so I want to see if anyone has experience with them and can report.

m•nitza | 925 • 521 • 0577 BMW Angel Eyes | Lexus Angel Eyes | Nissan Daylight Demon Eyes Angel Eyes | Auto Parts

Title:
Aluminum Cupholders for E39 5-series 1997-2003

Application :
All E39 Cars

Product Description (may describe some optional equipment) :

• Aircraft Aluminum T6061
  • CAD Designed/CNC Machined
  • OE Fitment
Benefits:
Never replace your OE cupholders again. Holds your standard sized drinks better than the OE system

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
still too close to the bottom tray to support anything well enough, methinks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If mine or the ones in the wife's 530i were broken (and stuck open) I probably wouldn't hesitate to get this one. However, since I never use them due to their low grab point and position in front of the a/c and Nav I prefer these:

Wife's car has this one:

My car (and now wife's car) uses the Ultimate cupholders since they hold fast food cups and tall travel mugs better:

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Didn't someone cross post a similar product within the last 6 months or so at about 1/2 the price? From memory around $110.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
414 Posts
If mine or the ones in the wife's 530i were broken (and stuck open) I probably wouldn't hesitate to get this one. However, since I never use them due to their low grab point and position in front of the a/c and Nav I prefer these:

Wife's car has this one:

My car (and now wife's car) uses the Ultimate cupholders since they hold fast food cups and tall travel mugs better:

Any link to where i could get those cup holder?

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Reactions: fes19 and hillco148

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
$200 for the Umnitza version??? Wow.

I have two of the Ultimate cup holders,(silver ones above) been using them for 6+ years now. They work perfect for tall coffee cups, large water bottles, beer, um, I mean soda, and anything else I have consumed. Well worth the money and I have never had a single problem with them.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
$200 for the Umnitza version??? Wow.

I have two of the Ultimate cup holders,(silver ones above) been using them for 6+ years now. They work perfect for tall coffee cups, large water bottles, beer, um, I mean soda, and anything else I have consumed. Well worth the money and I have never had a single problem with them.
^This^ minus the 6 years part, 2 years for me.

Reactions: hairball

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My car is not my DD so no cups/cupholders needed. That said, even if it was my DD, the cup would have to be totally leak tight (and non-fast food kind) in order to keep them from spilling liquids. Even above average turns/twisties in the beast are enough to spill any drink I can think of.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It will work good for a small cup of coffee,can of soda..etc. I rarely drink and never eat in the car, but to me this product, even at half this cost WAY over priced

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
My car is not my DD so no cups/cupholders needed. That said, even if it was my DD, the cup would have to be totally leak tight (and non-fast food kind) in order to keep them from spilling liquids. Even above average turns/twisties in the beast are enough to spill any drink I can think of.
Not with the Ultimate Cup Holders. Those dont spill.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The cupholders we sell were developed by another company that has been selling them. They are leaving retail.
We're running a $50 off discount code for our email subscribers and facebook subscribers this month only.

We have many customers already so I'm sure there will be someone posting images of this soon.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.320 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Ultimate cupholder user for years. Can't beat them. And not once have I ever spilled a drop even with my cabrio e30 which handles better than 99% of e39s.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ultimate cupholder....never an issue with spills.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Absolutely terrible. I just bought these overpriced cupholders and they don't work. I sadly didn't get the opportunity to try the cupholders as the driver's side wouldn't even open. The springs are much too weak to properly open the heavy aluminum arms. Unfortunately this isn't even the biggest problem.
The biggest problem is that the folding drivers side arm catches the inside the inside of the frame and the entire cupholder set needs to be unscrewed to free up the arm.

It's a bad case of over promise, under deliver.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bought the TEC cupholder. Expensive, yeah, it was $89, but it moves the liquid away from the electronics. It only holds one, but its my car. The passenger can manage his / her own drink.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts