BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the only blemish on my car is a cracked and banged up lower 'spoiler' (I'm not sure what to call it - faring maybe?) under the front bumper. I'd like to replace it even though it's not something that is easily seen unless you bend down to look at it.

Any idea what the part(s) costs? How difficult it is to replace?

I also understand that the outside air temperature sensor is installed in this spoiler/faring and I was told by the person I bought my car from that the temperature sensor is inaccurate when moving due to the damage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
There are three pieces under there. My wife hit a curb with the passenger side piece. I had it replaced at a body shop for about $100. I believe if you DIY, the part is about $60. Don't know the part number.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Been there done that.

The black pieces you are referring to are under the front lip. There are three seperate pieces and they can definitely be replaced outside of the dealership without much difficulty. Your going to need to lift the car up on one side to gain easier access, but after that it's easy. They are not too expensive either, $89 each for the driver and passanger sides and $84 for the center piece. No, you do not need to purchase all three at a time either.

Mark

·
Registered
651 Posts
The parts are called: Lower Engine Cover, either Left or Right with or without Air Channel. Part numbers are available in many other posts here, do a search. I do not remember the name of the Centerpiece though. I have replaced these in my driveway without raising the car, make sure you have all of the correct screws, the dealer microfisch has incorrect info about these two different type screw items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts