BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my New England M5 fans,

I'm looking at a 2003 M5 that I would like to purchase, but I live in California and the car is in Stratford Connecticut.

I would like to buy the car right away, but I was wondering if there was anybody who lives in or around Stratford who could give the car a test drive and to visually inspect it?

I can be emailed at: [email protected]

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Re: Anybody live near Stratford,CT ?

Is the seller willing to take it to a nearby BMW dealer for a PPI?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes he is, but if this local dealer has been servicing the car for 2 years are they going to be impartial in the inspection?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Re: Anybody live near Stratford,CT ?)

I live a little over an hour north of stratford, I would love to take my M for a road trip and check out that 03 for you. Unfortunatly, with a hectic work schedule and a newborn baby girl at home (whom I adorelovelove ) I spend my spare minutes changing diapers (not complaininghiha )

Again apologies and good luck with your future purchase:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

greer said:
Yes he is, but if this local dealer has been servicing the car for 2 years are they going to be impartial in the inspection?
Can that dealer give a print out of the serviced performed?
And if they been servicing it, maybe you can work out something for CPO warranty.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I live in CT, about 30 mins away from Stratford. Is it a private sale? There are no BMW dealers in Stratford..

PM me with any questions.. I can try go this weekend and drive it if you like.

Although, if I like it I may just buy it since I recently parted with mine and am suffering from withdrawal symptoms.. just kidding..

Let me know how you want to proceed.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
This is what amazes me. Here on the East coast, there just are not a lot of M5's available. And when they come up, they get snapped up quickly. Jeeesh...and people ask me why I flew to Florida for a car.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Well, there was an 02 just reportedly sold for $45k in the 'northeast' with 30k miles... at those prices, no wonder they don't languish!

Hang in there Greer...

A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts