BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that wonderful time of the year again, and I still don't have mufflers :dunno:

This is the first year I'll be getting a smog check without them, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues passing without them? Anybody know a place that will still pass you without them?

I know under California law they are required as part of the smog check, but I've never paid attention before to notice how thorough they are in checking...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Colorado Smog Checks - Emissions Regulations, CO Smog Testing Stations at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

Air Care Colorado :: 1982 and Newer

Interesting testing in your state. The road side tests are very progressive, that should be good for you.
BTW I saw no requirement for mufflers just no leaks. I does not look like there is such a thing as a friendly test center appears to be one company running it all, not sure that is good for the public might as well be the gov doing it and that is never good.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It's that wonderful time of the year again, and I still don't have mufflers :dunno:

This is the first year I'll be getting a smog check without them, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues passing without them? Anybody know a place that will still pass you without them?

I know under California law they are required as part of the smog check, but I've never paid attention before to notice how thorough they are in checking...

Thanks in advance!
Mufflers are not required. I passed with no problem with a muffler delete and many others have as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts