BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an odd problem with my front passenger seat belt. It gets into this state where it's locked in place when not in use, so my wife gets in and can't get extend it at all to put it on.

No clue what causes it, nor how I've been able to fix it (various combinations of tugging and adjusting the seat around and random stuff).

Data?

Thanks,
SAB

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope - in all instances it's been in the garage, in parking lots, etc.

and i've never ever had a problem with the driver's side seatbelt - if it were geometry related, presumably it'd happen to both belts (?).

SAB

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a problem with my front passenger belt once, when I first got the car. Only happened once. It was working fine, then it "locked up" when someone was fastening it; it wouldn't go in or out. I needed to yank it really hard before it would unfreeze. It has been fine since, though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
SAB,

I've recently experience the same problem. The first time it corrected itself, the second time happened around the time of the 15K service, but as luck would have it the issue corrected itself the morning of the appointment. They checked it and couldn't find anything wrong. The third time it happened I was able to "unlock" the belt by moving the seat all the way up, down, forward, and then back. I called me dealership and they have ordered a replacement lock assembly. Its going to be replaced on 9/25. I'll post any new "data."

ALX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts