BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people on the board are getting colours like Interlagos, Silver and Black.

As a lot of you know I feel the stock colours are pretty dismal and have really fallen for Blue Onyx mmmmmm

I'm surprised however that nobody else seems to have chosen this colour.

If you're spending this much money on a car, surely it should be just the right colour and spending a couple thousand more for Individual paint is worth it!?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
703 Posts
at the risk of felling cheap, I do not feel that we should pay more money to get the car painted any colors, the car is getting painted anyway, other cars in the lineup are getting blue onix as standard (I think?) so...

you get my drift

blue onix would be my choice

·
Registered
213 Posts
well paying more doesn't really bother me truth be told, I'm already buying a $230,000Australian Dollar car.

But I see where you're coming from desualt - but I suppose it's their right to make a killing out of us.

·
Registered
271 Posts
desualt said:
at the risk of felling cheap, I do not feel that we should pay more money to get the car painted any colors, the car is getting painted anyway, other cars in the lineup are getting blue onix as standard (I think?) so...

you get my drift

blue onix would be my choice
I have to agree. I know an extra couple of thousand is not much relative to the value of the car, but it is money you are not going to get back in resale. As I change my cars fairly regularly and also don't have enough money to just spend for the sake of spending, I like to maximise residuals with the right option combination and avoid any options that I know will make no difference to future value (e.g. any individual option). But hey that's just my situation - if I knew I was going to keep the car for three or four years I might think differently :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Most people on the board are getting colours like Interlagos, Silver and Black.

As a lot of you know I feel the stock colours are pretty dismal and have really fallen for Blue Onyx mmmmmm

I'm surprised however that nobody else seems to have chosen this colour.

If you're spending this much money on a car, surely it should be just the right colour and spending a couple thousand more for Individual paint is worth it!?

Any thoughts?
As I think you know, I am!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree the Blue Onyx look stunning if I can get it for a few thousand more I will be going for it.

Can't wait to see you picks Ashok.

Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm fifth on the list in my area and Bule Onyx will be my first choice followed by Sapphire Black, which is my present 04 M3 color.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
My favorite color -- without having seen any of them in person -- is blue onyx. I will consider ordering it depending on (1) how much of a delay it will cause, (2) how confident I feel in my dealer's and BMW NA's ability to successfully deliver a car through the Individual program in the US, and (3) how much extra the blue onyx will cost.

I am looking forward to seeing photos of you car, Ashok, and of anyone else's.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I am struggling with the decision. I know that I will get the car sooner if I order a standard colour like sapphire black. Although the Individual Program will not be available for Canadian M5s until the 2007 model year (at the earliest), they will let you have an Individual exterior colour as a "special order" for CDN $5,700. As noted, it will delay delivery. But then again, it may be worth waiting for. I'm torn!:rolleyes:

Best regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got confirmation on my M5 Blue Onyx/Caramel under the "Individual" program; it also offers an "all leather" option for the interior. It al added almost 5 grand to the price tag but I thing it's worth it. kinggf

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Juan, excellent choise! Idnividual interiour and exteriour (in full leather) makes your M5 a very unique vehicle. Please post some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will do; the delivery date is the first week of October, let's see if they deliver in time.

Gustav said:
Juan, excellent choise! Idnividual interiour and exteriour (in full leather) makes your M5 a very unique vehicle. Please post some pics when you get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts