BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see mostly (all?) post are by men.. are there any women M5 owners around here?

If you are a woman M5 owner, what do you like about your car? Why did you choose an M5?

A (man).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi -
I'm logged in under my husband's user name. I was wondering the same thing. Technically I guess I own half of the M5. But I drive a '99 M3 convertible (dark metallic green with camel leather). Looking forward to the new M3 and giving his M5 a run for the money.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most of our M5 owners are males, but there are a few females, not much though.

Most female buyers who are looking for a car like this buy the E55.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basivally there are no women owners on this board. Are there any women M5 drivers at all??

I personally do not know a woman that would pay $40K more for a car that "...looks like any other BMW 5 series, and the colors do not match anything I have"....

·
Registered
765 Posts
OneKoolVC,
would you let your woman drive your M5?

------------------
SL

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know only a couple of women who would appriciate an M5...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I met a female M5 owner named Loris (can't remember her last name) - from central CA - at Spartanburg. Husband drives a Porsche. She totally appreciated the car - in fact we all became her cheering section.

She did manage to pull a pretty good spin into the weeds off the skid pad.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by 1C00lVC:

I know only a couple of women who would appriciate an M5...
Count my wife as another one. Theoretically, she owns the M5. I lost it to her at our daily roshambo contest. She likes driving it a lot, but she needs practicing on the shifting. So, I am helping her to improve the driving skill on HER car.

So, that's my confession. I do NOT own an M5, but my wife does. Should have known that she's always lucky at Roshambo.

- kuzibimun

·
Registered
305 Posts
What is "roshambo"? Can I use it to get things from my wife? A new 996TT like Greg???

stevem
00 Carbon Black

Originally posted by kuzibimun:
Count my wife as another one. Theoretically, she owns the M5. I lost it to her at our daily roshambo contest. She likes driving it a lot, but she needs practicing on the shifting. So, I am helping her to improve the driving skill on HER car.

So, that's my confession. I do NOT own an M5, but my wife does. Should have known that she's always lucky at Roshambo.

- kuzibimun

·
Registered
112 Posts
Roshambo is an ancient game of rock-paper-scissors

paper wraps rock - paper wins against rock
rock smashes scissors - rock wins against scissors
scissors cuts paper - scissors win against paper

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, let your wife talk you into playing RoshamBEAU (note the spelling differences) with her. Roshambeau was invented by Eric Cartman (see him on Southpark - Comedy Central). The game is played by each player taking turns kicking the other in the nuts until one gives up. You will find yourself at a very distinct advantage playing Roshambeau with your wife.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did let my wife ride in my M5, once, on her birthday. Hey, nobody can accuse me of not being romantic.

I think what I will do is order her a new M3, which looks to me like it could be even more fun to drive than the M5, plus its $30k cheaper.

Steve

------------------
'00 M5
'99 R1100S
'66 GT350H/Paxton
'85 911

1 - 19 of 19 Posts