BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I became the proud owner of a '00 M5 this past June. I have yet to formally introduce myself and my car but will do so come springtime. I've been lurking here over the past 8 months and learned so much about the E39 M5 and S62 already.

One question remains unanswered: Peake reader returns an AA code, but my SES light isn't on, most likely pointing to a tune. Can I easily tell if my ECU has previously been tuned? If so, can I tell which tune it is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Is the readiness monitor set for the secondary air system? The typical way to tell if you have a tune (but not who did it) is to see if sport memory stays when you restart the car. It's not 100% definitive, but a definite indicator someone has been in the DME.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just re-scanned the car. I did not get the AA fault this time... which is weird because I always used to get it. Secondary air monitor is ready. SES light turns on while key in accessory position, which tells me the bulb is working. Sport button isn't ON by default.

No AA just makes this whole point moot I guess. I'll update if it comes back.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
If you have a cable that works with INPA or DIS, you can pull a read with BMWFlash and I'd be happy to take a look at it for you

Sport memory is just that. If it was on when the car is turned off, it would be on next restart. Can also be coded to default to being on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts