BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Doubt it as it wouldn't be much of a race. The GT is fatter (and slower) pig than an M5/6.
The new GT Speed did get a nice bump in HP but it still wont keep up. If you can find one with software (Wald I think) that is a wicked beast with close to 700hp/750lb ft

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dad used to own the coupe gt and thinks there is no way my, m6(not here yet) would ever be as fast as his bentley... (hes one of those people that thinks he knows everything but really doesnt know anything about cars and just looks at the "status" of a car and judges it by that)

he now owns the flying spur and agrees its not as fast as the coupe but still pretty quick

so i want someone hopefuly to find a vid of an m6 racing a bentley gt coupe to show him that hes wrong:M5launch:

·
Registered
467 Posts
the M6 will massacre it... in fact, my friend in his E46 M3 cab kept up with it till 100mph.
The GT speed is something else but still no match

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

AlpineMsix said:
my dad used to own the coupe gt and thinks there is no way my, m6(not here yet) would ever be as fast as his bentley... (hes one of those people that thinks he knows everything but really doesnt know anything about cars and just looks at the "status" of a car and judges it by that)

he now owns the flying spur and agrees its not as fast as the coupe but still pretty quick

so i want someone hopefuly to find a vid of an m6 racing a bentley gt coupe to show him that hes wrong:M5launch:
make one

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
gotta find one, most people who get bentley GT's arent likely to be the racing type, not to mention I dont think they would enjoy losing to a bimmer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've raced one....several times....

from 40-140 is not even close.....I had 2 passengers, and he was alone,...I had him easily by 6 car lengths

sorry no vids though

Those Bentley's aren't that fast....however the interior is no like other car I'ven seen. It's amazing,...very high quality...

·
Registered
302 Posts
is not even a contest between the 2...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've raced one....several times....

from 40-140 is not even close.....I had 2 passengers, and he was alone,...I had him easily by 6 car lengths

sorry no vids though

Those Bentley's aren't that fast....however the interior is no like other car I'ven seen. It's amazing,...very high quality...

IT BETTER BE!!! For the price you pay for that car and it being slow, consumers need to find their worth somewhere!

I used to like the car alot but recently the design has lost its flair. Amazing car and I would definately rock one pretty hard if I didn't have to pay for it, but most of us on this board demand a little more :M5launch::M5launch::M5launch: than most.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I raced Bentley with my e46 M3 up to 140mph and there was nothing in it. More interesting is the fact that when we approached long sweeping bend, he slowed down and i passed him! :cheers:
I have to agree on built quality - beautiful!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The only thing a Bentley is good for is landing some hot 45 year old tail, rushing OJ away from the murder scene, and ___________________ (you fill in the blank).

Reactions: Xexyus

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I actually raced a Nebtley COntinental GT black on black with my E39 M5 and beat him to speed. I was quite suprosied how slow it was. Cant beleive it has such high top speed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
okay thats not all a bentley is good for...its actually a lavish, classy and gorgeous looking car (GT) and for those of us that enjoy prestige and power, its a good choice.
the inside of one with the leather and wood combo is nothing short of heaven and puts shame to bmw's interior.
you guys are also right that a bentley driver's not going to race with an M car and instead use it like a car occasionally...on the way to the weekend home.

·
Registered
991 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts