BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called two dealers this AM, one said no list which I believe is code for "market value adjustment" and the other said he had 50 people which I think is a bit hard to swallow. Do any of you know when the car or your car will be arriving and some idea of pricing? I'm thinking 85K... What is a reasonable deposit considering the car won't be here for some time?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am 3rd on the list at Tischer BMW in Silver Spring, MD

I am told I should be able to order sometime in the late Summer/early Fall. :flag:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Douge --

You should be able to find a dealer who will put you on its list without too much difficulty. You likely will not be first in line. I suggest getting in writing that you will purchase the car at MSRP. (I have heard of no dealers willing to sell for less than MSRP.) This should prevent the dealer from charging more when the car arrives. There are plenty of dealers around the country that will agree to sell for MSRP. A common deposit is $1,000. I also would specify in the contract that your deposit is refundable if you choose not to order the car.

US pricing has not been announced. Your guess of $85,000 is a good one.

First US deliveries are estimated to occur around November 2005.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That all sounds pretty much in line with what I am hearing (at least timing). I have verified that BMWNA has not told the dealers the final pricing. My dealer said it is will be almost last minute before they find out the pricing.

As for lists, several have lists, and the guess that the "no list" is likely a markup trick (who is willing to pay the most will get the car first). Of course, maybe some markets might not have a real demand, leading to no lists, but they probably also have limited allocation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My dealer has agreed to sell me the car at list w/ a $ 1,000.00 deposit. But he said the BMW rep told him the price will be north of 90K. I think that puts me into a 997 S Coupe instead.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
CBM5 said:
My dealer has agreed to sell me the car at list w/ a $ 1,000.00 deposit. But he said the BMW rep told him the price will be north of 90K. I think that puts me into a 997 S Coupe instead.
That's what my dealer told me as well. Mid 90's, $1k dep. Delivery sometime in the future ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am #2.

They expect #1 Oct or Nov 2005 if I'm lucky Feb 2006.

Current unofficial best guess from dealer is 85K maybe out the door loaded 90K.

Can't wait. Keep the reviews coming Europe & UAE.

Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
If this car is in the mid 90s I am out

I would love a V10 - but frankly, I can get similar performance from a 4 door E90 M3 with a manual transmission standard. It needs to start in the low 80s or out of principle I will walk - 95K for this car is just too much.:grrrr:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'm number 1 on the list, and both dealers here in Cincinnati will only sell at MSRP. You should be able to find plenty of dealers within a few hours of you that will sell at MSRP. I would go to a high-volume dealer to get on the list. If you go to a smaller dealer, you could be waiting a long time.

I'll bet the car will list at around $85K, with the possibility to add another $10K or so of options. I'm hearing that orders will start being placed in late summer/early fall, with delivery November or later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1st

I am first on my dealer's list with a signed contract at MSRP. My dealer is one of the few ethical ones. I have a long term relationship with them. However, I am considering passing on the M5. It is certainly a wonderful car, but perhaps not quite right for me. I have a 545i and like it very much. I would trade it in on the M5, but they are so similar in appearance that I think I might want something that is more different. I know, the performance is worlds apart.... In additon, for my particular needs, the low torque of the M5 is an issue with me and I would prefer a manual, which would delay things a year. So, I may pass this one by. A tough decision.

TEAShea

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: If this car is in the mid 90s I am out

stominovich said:
I would love a V10 - but frankly, I can get similar performance from a 4 door E90 M3 with a manual transmission standard. It needs to start in the low 80s or out of principle I will walk - 95K for this car is just too much.:grrrr:
I'm not sure I would count on knowing what the price of the new M3 will be....Ill bet it will be higher than expected.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi TEASHEA from Nebraska "huck the fuskers!" LOL, I currently drive an AMG C55, 05C55 at mbworld, and in thinking of my next car I thought I ought to start checking around, sometimes these things are hard to come by.

I have gone to the Porsche dealer many times but just couldn't pull the trigger on an 85K single purpose sports car. Yeah they are great, but realistically you can drive just as fast in an M5, the only place you will lose is heads ups on a track. For driving in town, M3's, C55's, M5's offer real world comfort and convenience with astonishing perfromance.

I love my wifes' 745Li and think the M5 would be a great mix of the performance and handling of the C55 and the luxury of a slightly larger car. It may be a low on torque by comparison to say an E55 or an RS6 but its still 380+ correct? Who else is offering an 8K redline V10 with arguably the best gearbox available on a production car? I'm betting the M5 will be top dog for several years to come.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi All, I am #1 of 3 so far in the US Military Overseas sales program out of 10 countries. Rep told me today that US spec/pricing will be available in Jun 05 with delivery Oct 05, maybe Sept if lucky here in Germany :) .

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sure that we will see at least $90K for the M5 in the US. A lot will depend on the price bundling of the full leather interior. It seems like past US models have included the full leather package as standard.

Anyway, you can go to the BMW.UK or BMW.DE sites, build and price the M5, the 750Li, and the 545i. Then, extrapolate the US pricing. A lot depends on the full leather package bundling. When I include it in the price, I get about $91K-US plus gas-guzzler taxes. We'll see at least $3K gas guzzler tax. BMW makes significantly less margin on a vehicle in the US compared to EU. I guess a lot of the difference is the VAT which is included in the price. But, they recover some of it on X5 sales going the other way.

Btw, I've been on the list since July-'02 with a $1K deposit for MSRP. Supposedly, I am #1. Time will tell.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am #1 on my dealer's list in northern NJ. They called me yesterday to tell me that they expect the M5 allocations (and I will be able to order) in July-- with a build date of September for my car. :D

has anyone else in US been told this the last few days?

the wait is killing me and this will be a rough summer to get through but I am happy that I may have mine by October !

btw, I think I have decided on Black/Black..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
BMW_Addiction said:
Anyway, you can go to the BMW.UK or BMW.DE sites, build and price the M5, the 750Li, and the 545i. Then, extrapolate the US pricing. A lot depends on the full leather package bundling.
You can't directly do a comparison, since much of what is optional in Europe will be standard here, which should drop the price a bit. I don't know for sure, but I bet you find this to be the case if you look back to the E39s.

I have already told my dealer if the base is $90, and I have to spec out alot of options (the E39 only had a few options), then I'll just pass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts