BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a message from them today, saying they wanted to speak to me regarding my previous interest in the new M5.

Lets see how it goes :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Performance specifications; HP and TQ?

Connivence options (ex. backup camera/park control/etc)?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Ask them, if they are really serious about integrated KERS and Active Aerodynamics on the F10 M5. With these features the M5 will be King once again! Oh and ask them if it will be able to beat the CTS-V and the Nissan GT-R in straight line acceleration. We here from Southern California thank you. Thanks dude!

Reactions: M5 London

·
Registered
12 Posts
Curb weight? Are they doing anything special to keep its weight under control? unlike its hefty sibling the 550? Power is good and all, but 4400+ lbs...yeeesh.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Seriously?
seriously. i don't use these connivence options, and I do not want the ugly silver piece on my left and right quarter panel. i like technology, but only entertainment tech (speakers/audio) and driver tech (heads up with speed sign detection, GPS, etc). these are two tech's that I care about.. a lot. also the only connivence option that I don't mind is the rear backup camera.. I find BMW's PDC tech the best and supersede competitors PDC tech like Mercedes. I can do without the backup camera, but I cannot do without the PDC. When you are running 6k+ rims and parking in awkward places, then the backup camera may possibly come in handy. For all others normal parking scenarios, the PDC and right mirror work fine.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update :

BMW called me just now.

Twin Turbo V8.

Much rawer in nature to the units currently found in the X5/6M.

Max Power : Not confirmed, but expected to be in excess of 600 BHP.

Transmission : Not confirmed, as to whether it will be a full blown Automatic transmission as per X5/6M, or will be a MDCT type system. Overcoming the torque produced by the engine is the biggest factor in deciding this.

KERS : No comment.

Prices : Not confirmed.

Dates : Expected September/October 2011 (HOWEVER they are advising UK customers that it is more likely to be on the UK roads in EARLY 2012.

Dr Siegler was in London very recently, giving a presentation to some of the top UK salesmen. Dr Siegler said it is going to be an EPIC car !

Deposit : PAID :)

Will keep you updated !

·
Registered
971 Posts
Update :

BMW called me just now.

Twin Turbo V8.

Transmission : Not confirmed, as to whether it will be a full blown Automatic transmission as per X5/6M, or will be a MDCT type system. Overcoming the torque produced by the engine is the biggest factor in deciding this.

Dates : Expected September/October 2011 (HOWEVER they are advising UK customers that it is more likely to be on the UK roads in EARLY 2012.

Dr Siegler was in London very recently, giving a presentation to some of the top UK salesmen. Dr Siegler said it is going to be an EPIC car !

Will keep you updated !
are you keeping the e39? you should strip it out and turn it into a hard core carbon fibre track car.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah not selling the E39 M5.

Getting the F10 M5 as a daily driver ;)

Subject to my justifying the purchase, between now and August 2011.

I find it very difficult to purchase a brand new car, whatever money I may have lying around..tough one, especially being acar fanatic....

TBC

·
Registered
227 Posts
They really didn't give you much information. This was what I expected from them. It just didn't make any sense for them to divulge much information. Teasers!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Update :

BMW called me just now.

Twin Turbo V8.

Will keep you updated !
Deposit paid. Wow. You don't hang around :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Oh and ask them if it will be able to beat the CTS-V and the Nissan GT-R in straight line acceleration. We here from Southern California thank you. Thanks dude!
The CTS-V yes the GTR NO chance.:grinyes:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deposit paid. Wow. You don't hang around :)
Nope I don't.

.....BUT 7 other chaps/chapettes have put their money down too !!

I am officially number 8 in the list, and I called them first, in March/April 2010, to put a deposit down, not happy !

I am told that the M5 Concept will be released within the next couple of months, similar to the recently released 6 Series Concept, and this will be the next official update from BMW on the F10 M5

Reactions: Andy-UK

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Car sounds very promising! A raw feeling powerful engine with so much power that the torque is the deciding factor in the transmission. This, I like.

Cant wait for the concept since we all know BMW concepts are just... BMWs :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Update :

BMW called me just now.

Twin Turbo V8.

Will keep you updated !
What a bunch of teasers! twats, we knew all of that already! So they didn;t tell you anything that was not already old news?! Didn't know thye were taking desposits yet though? I tried last month and they said they couldn;t because of not knowing the VAT changes later this year, sounded like BS to me, more like they didn;t know what the car will cost so can;t take 5%!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts