BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my remanufactured ABS/DSC unit back in, bled the brakes, everything seemed good until I saw a puddle last night. the top right Line going into the module (furthest back and the bigger line of course) Is leaking. I tried the nut on the threaded fastener and it’s tight. Loosened it and retightened it and still leaking. I don’t want to assume Module Masters Stripped anything but it’s not out of question.

Any tips you all used to get that line fastened currently. I’m dreading having to pull that line out of the block (draining fluid everywhere and having to rebleed). Also not thinking Teflon tape as a great option here.

they were a bit of a PITA to pull out of the module block but they don’t really seal against anything. It’s just a slightly flared end at the end of the line that gets inserted into the module block and tightened/held down by the threaded-retaining nut

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I decided to just go ahead and do it and backed off the nut all the way and lifted up on the line (didn’t pull it all the way out of the block) and tried re-inserting it and wiggling it to make sure it’s seated all the way and retighten then nut. I think it’s still leaking though.

·
2,070 Posts
I don't have any tips for reinstalling it other than sharing what a PITA reinstalling that module is. The nut only pushes the pipe flare against the module body. The flare itself is what creates a seal. I cannot see how you were able to bleed while having a (seemingly) large leak.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the leak started after the bleed not sure. I mean it took a week (drove it several times 10miles or so) if not more to see a puddle on the driveway. So went from about Max to Min in that timeframe. I guess I’m going to pull it all the way out of the block and inspect the flare on the line

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pulled the line out. Obv all the fluid came out until line ran dry. Cleaned the bottom flared end, inside the line and cleaned out the pocket in the block. Refastened the line. Topped up fluid and had to bleed everything again. Was able to bleed the air out and get a solid pedal. But put paper towel up to the thread of the lines and still absorbed A little fluid. Some moisture on top of the block by the line.

module master just came back with Cleaning it which I already did “you need to remove the line and see if there is any debris in the and clean the contact points with rubbing alcohol”. I mean it’s saturated with brake fluid when you remove the line WTH is rubbing alcohol going to do?

About to just take it to the dealer and have them replace that one line. It can’t be on the module side right? Or can it? I asked if module masters hook up a line when they bench test it (to see if they could have damaged it)....waiting on a response about that

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well didn’t get anywhere with this line so I ordered a new line from Turner. Going to try that and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts