BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
IMHO cutting holes for the brakes is a waste of time as the air flow really does not get to the rotor, pads, or caliper. Unless of course you are ducted right to the backing plate! In fact I did not use the aluminum air boxes, nor the plastic trumpets they supplied. I just ran the flex hose directly to the aluminum funnels in the grill. BTW, I took extreem care in removing the stock grill so it could be reused or sold. The little plastic tips can break.

I felt that the direct mount hose would provide the most RAM air effect. No leaking joints, brake ducts, etc...

Anyway, good luck! :M5launch:

·
Registered
931 Posts
When you are about to pull the bumper off... I put a pile of old cushions/blankets to support it. Also make sure you unplug ALL of the electrical connections. I used a hose pinch clamp to close off the washer lineas once you disconnect the hoses (at the connection) the fluid will keep flowing. One thing I did for looks was to mask the new grill and paint flat black this insides of the aluminum funnels. I only have the small out side ring shinny. Take your time, do a nice job. :cheers:

·
Registered
931 Posts
aaronmiles said:
When I put the bumper back on it was lower on one side so I tried to adjust it with the 14mm hex but alas it stripped so now I am going to have to replace the mount ( bloody bugger that !!!! )
Another 'look for' tip. The left and right ends of the bumper assembly have plastic guides that have to be engaged at the same time as the bumper is slid 'home'. Not sure if this has anything to do with the up/down problem, but all should be in the right position before tightining the two large vertical bolts.

Good Luck Man (Mate). The finished look is worth it. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts