BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish BMW offered something like these with lower suspension, I imagine that with BMW centre caps they would almost look like a BMW option rather than over the top bling wheels as offered by other aftermarket outfits.

They are 21 inch BBS RX II's and look great IMO, but am unlikely to change the standard set up unless BMW offer an option or a tuning company comes out with something very special.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
They do fill the wheelwells, but I am not so sure about the extreme low profiles, and obviously hard to tell how they would affect roadholding. Like you, I will probably stay stock..just dont feel really comfortable running at high speeds on wheels and tires that are have not been specifically signed off by the manufacturer. I would like to see an OEM 20" with slightly higher profile tires that had been specifically developed for the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's hope they provide us with the option as they did with the E46 M3. That car looked so much better with the introduction of 19 inch up from 18 inch even though the ride suffered a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
BMW does offer something similar from the older M wheels, can't remember which style number. They are not 21" however. Could be style no.101, although I haven't a got picture to show, just from memory.

I was thinking about style 149 from the 7 series. Here is a my very poor "cut & paste job", using style 149 wheels, 20" on a 645Ci.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M6 Forever said:
BMW does offer something similar from the older M wheels, can't remember which style number. They are not 21" however. Could be style no.101, although I haven't a got picture to show, just from memory.

I was thinking about style 149 from the 7 series. Here is a my very poor "cut & paste job", using style 149 wheels, 20" on a 645Ci.
Thanks M6 forever I had thought about these as well and think they would look good in real life.

However I would be suprised if they would fit(in terms of width I think they are narrower) without a fair amount of adjustment. They are probably much heavier than the standard wheels and therefore would increase the "unsprung" weight. I imagine this would effect the set up?

The only good thing about the standard items is their low weight I think 1.8kg less at each corner if I remember rightly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
just be careful..just read a post about a range rover where he put 21 inchers on..he had some problems with the car and RR wouldn't honour any warranty as they said he invalidated it by putting on wheels that were too big.
Check with BMW first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
markf said:
just be careful..just read a post about a range rover where he put 21 inchers on..he had some problems with the car and RR wouldn't honour any warranty as they said he invalidated it by putting on wheels that were too big.
Check with BMW first.
Absolutely BMW approved or at a stretch someone like Birds Garage who use Hartge products. Kevin Bird told me he had never known(in 25 years) BMW say a warranty had been invalidated by work he had done, although he did admit they had tried it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
johnny73 said:
Thanks M6 forever I had thought about these as well and think they would look good in real life.

However I would be suprised if they would fit(in terms of width I think they are narrower) without a fair amount of adjustment. They are probably much heavier than the standard wheels and therefore would increase the "unsprung" weight. I imagine this would effect the set up?

The only good thing about the standard items is their low weight I think 1.8kg less at each corner if I remember rightly?
Yes they are 101s in 19 inch form
BMW part numbers:

36 11 6 759 898 8 x 19 245/35 R19Y

36 11 6 759 899 9.5 x 19 275/30 R19Y



Made specifically for 6 series with proper offsets. However, I am not sure but the emmy may have different offsets.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top