BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It that time for me to decide on replacement front tires. Reading throught the threads it seems to be overwhelming in support for the PS2s but.... Always looking for information on new technology, I wanted to see if anyone had purchased the RE050As for the M5. Many reviews are positive on this tire in terms of traction, ride comfort, noise, etc... F car's choice on F430, Enzo, Superamerica, etc...

Mostly interested on the RFT as this tire is offered in run flats at an addtional premium. Not that I'm loaded and want to turn $600 into a usless endevor, I'm tempting myself to go ahead and experiment.:confused2

All opinoins welcomed!
-Mo

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had them on my 330 at the begining of this year. They are not bad and seem to not ware to quickly. They don't match the S-03 though. I was satisfied with them.

The P-Zero Rosso I found had good grip but they lasted me 8 to 10'000 km and that was going past the 1.6mm depth right down to 0 mm in the center. The worst part, is my last set I tried to keep to see if was my driving but even in being extra careful (and a 330 has no way near as much torque as the M5) the tires used quickly.

My experience with bridgestone is good. The RE040 was not to good but the RE050 is a good compromise. If you can though go for the S03 Great tire. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
There is no reason to consider any tire but the Michelin PS2s. They are clearly the best sport tire on the market. I wouldn't consider anything else except an all-out track tire. It's just not worth discussing.

·
Registered
315 Posts
HBRAMSTEDT said:
There is no reason to consider any tire but the Michelin PS2s. They are clearly the best sport tire on the market. I wouldn't consider anything else except an all-out track tire. It's just not worth discussing.
I was giving him my opinion on the Bridgestone, having tried all three (and that being the question).

I to have Michelin too and am very happy. (My next ones will be the same in 19")

But the S03 remains an excellent tire. My brother had them on a Subaru STI. I have S02 on the Porsche and they have great grip.

Some tires are great on some cars and crap on others.

The P-Zero Rosso is suppose to be a great tire but I find it to be no good.

I think that a tire chose has a bit of a psychological thing to it too(not only of course)Brand, look, reputation, and what others tell you.

You see it on bikes at track days. Some say never the michelin Pilot race as it is dangerous. I have them and find them great.

Bridgestone's are great tire and do the job very well.

(and they don't blow on bankings in F1;)...just kidding)

Regards
Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts