BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone starts kicking my butt I did use the search feature and got no relevant results. I am sure this has been asked sometime ago but cannot find the answer (I tried!!).
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the DFW area ?

Some background I live in Plano and caled European Motorsports their rate is high (120$/hr) and they don't install clients parts (I got Luk OEM specs for 575$ in sale they are asking 1300 for the same parts). I also must say that if this is done during a weekend I am pretty good at turning wrench and willing to help. Some might wonder why I don't DIY the answer is simple I don't have a garage and don't want to do this in a parking lot ...it wouldn't work.

So folks thank you for not busting my @ss for not finding the answer throughout previous posts and for your thoughts in finding a local mechanic

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DFW Mechanic

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've never personally used any of the following (done most of the work on my car(s) myself so far) but here are a couple I've heard of:

Joe's Auto Bahn in Farmersville. Joe's Auto Barn : Home

Spec Performance in McKinney Spec Mototsports - BMW Service, Performance and Sales | BMW Repair and service and performance sales, for McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Plano, Prosper, Fairview.

Autoscope Plano. Autoscope - Foreign Car Care

You can also try on www.dfwautoclub.com a lot of guys on there have German cars and may recommend someone useful.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check them tomorrow but keep them coming. BTW I also posted on dfwautoclub.com didn't get an answer yet.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
OK hope you find some place good. I'd be interested to hear who does your clutch as I'll probably need to do mine sometime and may have to farm that out.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You beat me to it these guys are knowledgeable and do not rip you off genuine bmw fanatics

I'll have to check that place out.

M5X5, is that you Hector? This is Nick, the guy that bought parts off your old M5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts