BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title, I keep killing the standard discs on track days and its costing a fortune.

I was looking at stop tech ? anyone used this set up?

:biggrin:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi

There's many threads about big brake kits all over this forum and many others. There's lots of feedback and reviews from owners too. I suggest you have a search around and read up in order to make a shortlist of potential BBK choices and then make your decision based on what you like about each one of them etc. Stop Tech are a popular choice for sure!

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Anyone has a search suggestions ? :) There are many threads on this. :)

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
I have the Stoptech Trophy Sports and love them. That said, there are probably less expensive options that will perform 95% as well! such as normal Stoptechs or even upgraded stock calipers. AP Racing 8350 calipers are a GREAT value and what I would recommend if you can find someone to make a caliper bracket for the E39 M5.

--Peter

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
im running the stoptech st60 6pot/355mm front kit. no complaints after a year of use. only issue i have is the crappy performance of the stoptech pads that come with the kit. i ditched them for my favorite pad which is the carbotech bobcat. installation of the kit was simple and with no issues. one word of advise, do not pay retail. shop around, i ended up getting zeckhausen to beat a price i found from another vendor. iirc i ended up paying around $2600 for the kit.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
im running the stoptech st60 6pot/355mm front kit. no complaints after a year of use. only issue i have is the crappy performance of the stoptech pads that come with the kit. i ditched them for my favorite pad which is the carbotech bobcat. installation of the kit was simple and with no issues. one word of advise, do not pay retail. shop around, i ended up getting zeckhausen to beat a price i found from another vendor. iirc i ended up paying around $2600 for the kit.
Agreed! I still have the craptacular Stoptech pads and am dying to replace them. Nowhere near the bite of a Ferodo 2500.

--Peter

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
hey bro if you have the st60 calipers i have a cherry set of ds2500's for them, FRP3076H is the part #. i ran them for maybe a few hundred miles on the street, and my "street" driving is mainly a highway jaunt to work and back when i take the M. then switched to the bobcats. they are basically like new, if you're interested let me know and we'll make a deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts