41 Posts
Sirius has all NFL games
XM is cheaper
u get sirius at home with dish network

I would pick Sirius but what do I know.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Look at the financials on both companies.

Who is likely to be around when the dust settles?

My vote is XM.

Howard Stern...BFD, what a joke he is. He used to be tolerable until he fell in love with himself. His high price might be the final stake in the sirius heart.

just my HO

al

·
10,455 Posts
Personally, I'm not concerned if sirius isn't around in 5 or 10 years, because there'll probably be, something better by then. I'm not personally going to choose a particular station based on their financials. With over a million subscribers, i doubt sirius will go under within the next 1-2 years, and that's really where i'm looking...

I have sirius in the M5, my wife has xm in her lx470. I agree with Jerry above, i think sirius has better classic rock and 'classic alternative' rock. XM has better comedy (imo of course) and it's stations do appeal to my wife. My kids also like xmkids. I like the way sirius works on the bmw nav system, vs xm on the lexus, but i'd imagine that's just a hardware issue. I personally don't care about the sports or stern, sirius is getting Maxim, god knows what that will be like?!...

My suggestion would be going to each site, check out the stations, see if you can demo them for a few days, i know sirius does an online demo. Depending on the car, bmw of course makes sirius capable cars, but there are kits to convert to xm, so that really shouldn't be an issue either.
Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another benefit of sirius is they have 3 satelites for better reception, versus one for XM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pmarin said:
Another benefit of sirius is they have 3 satelites for better reception, versus one for XM.
XM has two, FYI.

Dollar per feature, Sirius is less expensive. $10 per month at XM gets you satellite programming. Internet programming is $4 per month extra.

$13 per month at Sirius gets both satellite and internet programming. Also, subsequent Sirius subscriptions (receivers) are only $7 per month. Since I have two receivers, I pay $20 per month total (same as XM) but I also get internet programming access included.

Plus, I think Sirius's content is superior.

Your best bet, as with anything like this, is to listen to both and then decide. Either one will be so much better than terrestrial radio you'll wonder how you ever got by without it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have XM in two cars and two homes. All in all, I think there is little difference between XM and Sirrius programming. On the other hand, I bought XM stock in the teens... I am staying away from Sirius stock because I think the Stern deal isn't going to pay for itself.

Steve
00 M5
99 996

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have sirius in one car and XM in another. Its not even close. Sirius is the superior service. XM plays the right bands on the Rock stations but the wrong songs. Its like they are just playing random tracks on Cd's. They also have more rock stations. Plus the NFL!!

·
10,455 Posts
CBM5 said:
XM plays the right bands on the Rock stations but the wrong songs. Its like they are just playing random tracks on Cd's. !!
i've noticed that with xm as well. It's like they're trying to play the more obscure stuff, which isn't necesarily always a better idea.
mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Another fact about pricing: If you pay for 12 months at a time Sirius reduces the monthly rate to $9.99/month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts