BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Recently purchased a 2006 silverstone M6.
Just wondering if there are any other owners on here located near to me!?

·
Registered
70 Posts
UK M6s

:byebye: Hello to you in Yam Yam land! Gracious, didn`t Wolverhampton only just get the horse and cart last year?

You must verily terrify the cottars and serfs o`er yonder?

Welcome to you! Used to live in Brum but am darn sarf now.:biggrin:

·
Registered
472 Posts
:byee55amgHowdy - have seen you around - parked in front of the same model outside Relflex in November - may be you?

I live in Penn, cars in Benham right now for oil and other bits but wouldnt recommend them unless its warranty stuff - they call them stealers for a reason.

BMService in Bilston are OK else Syntner Oldbury are the preferred local stealer for me.

Welcome to the board(s)...how you finding the beast?

Kamal

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Guys

I am in B,ham, on my 3rd 6 and 2nd m6, i find its a marmite type car, in terms of servicing i used to uses bhms when I worked in Oxley, but found them to be an absolute joke with little knowledge of mcars, theres a good chap at Sutton called Matt, central are OK, Oldbury are also crap in my opinion.

whats your opinion of the m6, most of the time i do like it but the 8mpg is becoming abit much to bare

If you need anymore info drop me a PM

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only purchased the car last November, and with the snow etc. have only just really started playing with it!
I find the car awesome on the open road, but a bit of a pain in town! In the past I have had a couple of M3's with the SMG box and seem to recall I had the same opinion then!
Yes, the MPG and range are a bit tiresome. Round town my average is about 11 mpg, but last week going to London and back it averaged 23mpg!
I used Paul and the boys at BM Euroservice in Bilston quite a lot in the past when I had an E39 M5 and found them great. Benhams are a no go for me!
You may see me driving round the Black Country at some stage! The reg is T**BO
Keep your eyes peeled!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, if you need to try an indi, RSJ in B,ham are very good and know their stuff, provided of course your car is out of warranty.

What spec is your m6 ??

My one is black with the full black leather, I am looking to get rid of it perhaps in exchange for an X5 Sd Sport, not sure yet, the valuation of only 23k put me off somewhat though.

The other thing is that you cant take the car anywhere without people wanting to damage it.

PS - If your wheels need a refurb, A1 in Bilston do a great job for £90 a rim

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts