BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas!

I am an owner of the beast in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Have come to the UK to do my PhD.
Am looking forward to meeting M5 owners in UK. So I am just wondering if there are any around Oxford?
I think it would be great to meet up for a cup of tea or a pint and discuss our beasts. Maybe you could even show off your mighty pride!
)))

My cell is: 0750 7433778
Am based in Oxford.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I am up for meeting up at some point !

I am only about 25 minutes away in Central London ;), and happy to come down.

What is your PhD in ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kumaran, thanks for response. I am doing PhD in Politics.
25 minutes to get to Oxford?
Hell, it takes 90 minutes to get here from London on a bus or 60 minutes on a train!!!
Man, I miss my beast and love the quality of roads here. Wish IT was here.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Pleasure mate !!

I will pm you my contact details.

My EX read PPE at Oxford. Lovely part of the world I would say. A bit car unfriendly though :)

Quality of roads here ?? HAHAHAHAHA ok maybe marginally better than downtown Almaty...but as soon as you get onto French/Belgian/Dutch/German/Swiss roads you will laugh at UK road surface quality.

Cheers

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've actually driven from Vienna to Salzburg and experienced awesome road there.
Driving 160km/h on Smart was a bit scary though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
shame i am the other side of london. would have been good to meet more M owners

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi ShockDiamonds, you probably have not read my original post. What I am saying is that being an owner of M5 in Kazakhstan, I came to Oxford to do my studies. Whilst here I would like to dive in to UK based M5 community and its events. Hence, I was asking if there is anyone in Oxford or around here to meet and talk about our beasts, etc. I don't have a car here; a miserable bicycle replaced me the beast for the next 3-4 months.

You get what I am saying? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts