BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it is not a repost .... UFH , I did a SEARCH and could not find anything ....

:cheers:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had Pzeros lasted 4k miles and as for traction never could lauch my car just spun the tires. Put on the PS2's night and day difference I could finally use the lauch control and actually get accross the intersection with out getting sideways!! PS2'S all the way just my opinion!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I had Pzeros lasted 4k miles and as for traction never could lauch my car just spun the tires. Put on the PS2's night and day difference I could finally use the lauch control and actually get accross the intersection with out getting sideways!! PS2'S all the way just my opinion!!
Was that the new PZero. I think they brought out a new one last year sometime.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Whoa there my NY friend.....i'm not on ya...P-Zero's belong on Porsha, (new spelling) don't they???

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
P Zeros are usually a decent tyre that has more steel ribbing then others to hold up more on poor roads (yet I always seem to have Pirellis go flat more then other tyres). They will not last very well though, and overall there are better alternatives out there for the money -Michelin PS2, Goodyear Eagle F1, etc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have Pzeros on mine. I had PS2's last go around. So far the Pirellis seem pretty good. I have taken a few canyon runs and they stick really good. When they start to loose traction it is predictible and controllable. However, I have not pushed them to the ragged edge that much. All I can say is that I am not dissapointed at all. These were the only tires that came in 255/35/20 and 295/30/20's.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
PS2's or nothing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've got P Zero Nero's on my 540i. They seem to break loose and spin VERY easily like Rab Dog siad earlier. I haven't tracked the 540, but the Conti's on my M5 are definitely sticker. :cool:

I'm about to replace the Conti's and am considering the new model Conti's or PS2's. :M5launch:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I had p zero's on my c32 amg, they certainly more had traction than the goodyears, i could hardly hold the thing down before i put the p zero's on. My brother is a tyre dealer and he told me that some pirelli's are made in different countries using different compounds, this could be why there is a difference of opinion...........just at thought! I will ask him to clarify when I speak to him next!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I had both versions of P-Zero's the Rossos and Nero....the Rosso's were lousy....noisy...poor wear for the amount of grip they gave...and not confidence inspiring in the wet.
The Nero's were much better than the Rosso's in all aspects...BUT...both tires still fell short when compared to the Goodyear F1 D3...too they dont come in my size anymore:grrrrr:......The Goodyears were not as good as the Michelin's dry...but were superior to them in wet.
Good Luck
S

·
Registered
134 Posts
I run them on my Cobra mounted on 18" wheels. I find them to be very comfortable and sticky for a normal radial tire. (I normally run a drag radial on the Mustang due to it's generous power levels) All and all the PS2 is a better performing tire, but the flaw being that they only last a few thousand miles.

_Zac

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot friends....

Sorry for the delay in answering .. I was away for a few days ... Looks like I am going to try the PS2s ...
UFH , I was just kidding with you .. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I know that, me too... good luck i think everyone likes the ps2's....the Conti's are VERY predictable i like em..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've just been checking out Pirelli tyres and there are 5 different versions of P-Zero's

PZero Corsa System *
PZero *
PZero Rosso *
PZero Nero
PZero System

The ones with an * are available in sizes for the E60 M5

The PZero is the new tyre that was released in 2007

PZero Corsa System will offer the best dry grip of any tyre currently available in stock sizes for the M5, but they will wear out extremely quickly as they are R compound tyres.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've just been checking out Pirelli tyres and there are 5 different versions of P-Zero's

PZero Corsa System *
PZero *
PZero Rosso *
PZero Nero
PZero System

The ones with an * are available in sizes for the E60 M5

The PZero is the new tyre that was released in 2007

PZero Corsa System will offer the best dry grip of any tyre currently available in stock sizes for the M5, but they will wear out extremely quickly as they are R compound tyres.
Living in York, you'd best avoid R compund:thumbsup:

I have always heard the best grip came from PS2s? A friend has the P-zeros on his 06 space gray M5. I'll find out which ones.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Living in York, you'd best avoid R compund:thumbsup:

I have always heard the best grip came from PS2s? A friend has the P-zeros on his 06 space gray M5. I'll find out which ones.
For normal tyres.

I've found:
PS2's give the best grip (so far).
Conti's give better feedback.

I'm currently running PS2's
But
I'm going to try the Corsa's I'm guessing they won't last long especially after a couple of track days, then I'll go a bit sensible and get some more PS2's etc till I get some dedicted track wheels & Toyo R888's :7:

I'll be interested to hear if anyone has tried the new Pirelli P-Zero tyre, I'm guessing it is a step forward and I would guess it is more on a par to the Contis and PS2's than the other Pirelli's

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For normal tyres.

I've found:
PS2's give the best grip (so far).
Conti's give better feedback.

I'm currently running PS2's
But
I'm going to try the Corsa's I'm guessing they won't last long especially after a couple of track days, then I'll go a bit sensible and get some more PS2's etc till I get some dedicted track wheels & Toyo R888's :7:

I'll be interested to hear if anyone has tried the new Pirelli P-Zero tyre, I'm guessing it is a step forward and I would guess it is more on a par to the Contis and PS2's than the other Pirelli's
I have the new Pzero's and if I could get the PS2's in the same size (295/30/20) I would get those, but the Pirelli's are not that far off. Still, the PS2's reign supreme.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have the new Pzero's and if I could get the PS2's in the same size (295/30/20) I would get those, but the Pirelli's are not that far off. Still, the PS2's reign supreme.
How do the Pzero's feel, I find the PS2's make the steering a little "Woolly" I'm probably being picky, but the steering on the Contis seemed much better. As your running 20's I guess you can't give a direct comparison to the 19" Contis or PS2's but any feedback will help.

It is just a shame that there does not appear to be a tyre that offers the grip of the PS2's and the feel of the Contis (unless that is the trade-off). I was kind of hoping the new PZero would be it.

It will be interesting to try the Corsa's though :hihi:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Also, nitto has a new tire called the invo. It's a great tire with excellent grip. The fact that's it's cheap next to it's competition doesn't hurt either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts