BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Any one knows Part number MKIV DVD unit

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  atomic80 
#1 ·
Hi, All I'm new here and also a new owner of the M5 '02 Carbon Black. I was just wondering does anyone know the part number for DCD MKIV unit. Right now the vehilce has a regular cd unit, I heard that you can switch to dvd version - is that true?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Yep, you can switch to a DVD unit. There are a bunch of possible product numbers out there since they are also used on the X5 and are updated relatively frequently. I would suggest getting one of the latest ones, as somewhere around 2004 they added support for Sirius (these units are shared with the X5)

Here is the latest I was able to find on realoem.com:

65 90 6 971 809

For a wealth of information on this, take a look at www.bimmernav.com

#4 ·
Hi, would you happen to know how much it was?

:byebye:

verhagke said:
Yep, you can switch to a DVD unit. There are a bunch of possible product numbers out there since they are also used on the X5 and are updated relatively frequently. I would suggest getting one of the latest ones, as somewhere around 2004 they added support for Sirius (these units are shared with the X5)

Here is the latest I was able to find on realoem.com:

65 90 6 971 809

For a wealth of information on this, take a look at www.bimmernav.com

#6 ·
Wilkie said:
I bought a Mk IV unit from a guy on ebay, to replace the old CD Mk III in my '01. Brand new in the box, and he included the dvd for updated software as well. Simple install, and it works perfectly. Recommended.
Could you tell me what you paid and which eBay ID did the transaction. If they have more I may be interested over time.

#8 ·
#9 ·
dmz said:
Anyone knows the part# for the 16:9 screen with the built-in CD player instead of the Tape?
National backorder! :1: No such part exists AFAIK.
Regards,
Jerry

#10 ·
That one with the CD instead of the tape is available only for the E46 3 series NOT the E39 5 series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.