BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A very nice example (from pics at least) has come up in the past week. If someone can take some time to look at a particular M5 and take it for a test drive, it would be much appreciated.

I understand these cars can have different "personalities" at this point due to age and service (or lack thereof). So if someone could provide some pretty good feedback on the weak points of the car that would be helpful. This car is over 2,000 miles from where I live. I am already looking at tickets to check the vehicle out myself but I've only driven one M5 (not in the best shape).

I will forward the link when someone responds to this thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'd be glad to, shoot me a PM. A buddy of mine bought an E39 M5 not too long ago and I had a lot of seat time in it and completely helped him with the purchase so I know the E39s pretty well. Like I said just shoot me a PM with the details and I'll see when I can check it out for you.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I assume this is the one you are talking about:
2003 BMW M5 LeMans Blue/Black 41,763 miles

I'd check with the dealer, from what I understand this dealer doesn't let you test drive the car without a credit check, though they may make an exception for your case...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the car has a deposit. Ill let u know if anything changes. I moved too slow.:grrrrr:

And the search shall continue for the right LMB M5.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Looks like the car has a deposit. Ill let u know if anything changes. I moved too slow.:grrrrr:

And the search shall continue for the right LMB M5.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. That E39 was a beauty!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Too late now, but FWIW I've always gotten a good feeling from that place, a cut above the typical flipper dealership. Might be worth staying in touch with them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup. That's it. The dealer told me last week it had a deposit. It was still on Autotrader as of last nite. :confused:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yeah someone has replied to some thread here saying they have already taken delivery of the car but surprisingly they still show as active on their website. Prolly trying to gauge interest/build contact list for prospective owners

1 - 12 of 12 Posts