BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get a sneak preview on this product?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Be a little patient. The intakes are coming and will be well worth it.
Can not say any more. ASR Engineering will release info at the right time. :thumbsup:

M5Ranger

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
go buy something else.....worthy of my fat ***...........My load is heavy enough now..
. Intakes and turbos wouldn't be enough without sheding a 1000 lbs.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Dick Fidd, the TT are also coming my friend. Expect great things.

UFH, absolute correct, weight is a major issue rendering a negative result to the M5. The problem is I do not want to detract from the beauty of the car. My M5 is wickedly fast but it still is perfect for dinners and social outings with the wife and friends.
Therefore a partial solution is to generate more hp hence the TT's.

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hope to hear about this.

·
Registered
324 Posts
DOnt expect to much people.. The Factory intake with a proper filter already flows plenty of air.. You might see a 5hp gain but im skeptical of anything more unless its a true Ram Air design, which the RPI scoops are already doing for you..

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Rambino but I guess you believe the Dinan gains of 20 bhp though.

You are skeptical, well good but better yet do not buy them. Just like I feel the same way about Dinan and I won't buy them.

We will see my friend who makes power!

:cheers: M5Ranger

·
Registered
797 Posts

You are skeptical, well good but better yet do not buy them. Just like I feel the same way about Dinan and I won't buy them.

tell him m5ranger, dinan products are over rated! even abid told me not to buy the TB's before all this bullshit happened, i'm glad i listened to him. he told me the power for the price would not be worht it. i'm glad i saved my money and hopefully will go towards asr turbo set up. abid knows his ****, and if he doesn't he knows someone who can relate.

we'll see who's power is truly proven, regular dynos, not the hollywood style of dinan, all imagination!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Lol do their products give you half of what they advertise it does ? Anyone see their 470 hp e39 m5 race against our beast ? They let the S2 punch 1st to get it more of an advantage in acceleration before the e60 passed it later on. It was so obvious in the video :3:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Dick Fidd, the TT are also coming my friend. Expect great things.

UFH, absolute correct, weight is a major issue rendering a negative result to the M5. The problem is I do not want to detract from the beauty of the car. My M5 is wickedly fast but it still is perfect for dinners and social outings with the wife and friends.
Therefore a partial solution is to generate more hp hence the TT's.

Cheers, M5Ranger

If someone wants to loose weight just get a Porsche TT or like M5Ranger, the GT3 talk about power to weight ratio. You nailed it on the head ranger, use the M5 for dinner and the P car for track. Sure you can track and go crazy in the canyons with the M5 but forget about losing weight go with another car.

I am also looking forward to the ASR CAI.

·
Registered
501 Posts

Juan,

His statement said nothing about Dinan or its design. He did make mention of RPI scoops. Why bring up Dinan in this thread?

Just try to stay on topic man...

It will be interesting to see the ASR design concept, I am guessing they are waiting for the Dinan release?? Head to head type battle :cheers:.

I cant find anything on their website but have they done intakes on other cars? Also do they do computer dynamics testing that measures any water ingestion and the volume of air?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

We all know your feelings about Dinan...it's really getting old. Why dont we stay on topic and talk about ASR, which appereantly is your second favorite past time next to Dinan bashing.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Juan,

His statement said nothing about Dinan or its design. He did make mention of RPI scoops. Why bring up Dinan in this thread?

Just try to stay on topic man...

It will be interesting to see the ASR design concept, I am guessing they are waiting for the Dinan release?? Head to head type battle :cheers:.

I cant find anything on their website but have they done intakes on other cars? Also do they do computer dynamics testing that measures any water ingestion and the volume of air?

Thanks
We apologize that our product info has not been added to our new site as of yet. To be quite honest, our webdesigner was waiting on us for pics and text info for our new Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes product lines. Eventhough it's no excuse we've had an extremely busy schedule and it's our fault it took so long to get it to him. That being said, all product info will be up shortly.

On another note, we fabricate all our products in house including several different intake designs for Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes vehicles. Yes, we do test for volumetric efficiency when designing our intake systems. Also, there is no ingestion of water with our CAI since we strategically place a water bypass valve to prevent from ever having this situation occur.

Attached are some pics of our fab work with all the vehicle manufacturers we work with. We hope to post some pics in the next week or so once we have the kit completed. Still some time needed to finish CNCing the Mass Meter housings.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts