BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad just picked up a cruiser, a Cosmoschwarz/Parchment 540ia M Sport and was wondering if any of the other 199 guys with these cars lurked in here.

:wroom:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sweet, that answers my question. mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm not the owner of one of the other 199 US M-Sports, or even one of the 32 M540i owners. But I do own one of the Australian versions of the same car, the 540iLE (Limited Edition) - of which there were 70 individually numbered cars made in 1995.

I regularly haunt this place and find it of great use for issues common to both the ///M 540i's and the M5's - such as EDCIII issues etc. This is because in most respects other than the engines, most parts, problems and features of both groups of cars are similar, if not identical.

From time to time, other ///M 540i owners - mostly of the north American cars - do lurk as well.

Kind regards

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M540i LE said:
I'm not the owner of one of the other 199 US M-Sports, or even one of the 32 M540i owners. But I do own one of the Australian versions of the same car, the 540iLE (Limited Edition) - of which there were 70 individually numbered cars made in 1995.

I regularly haunt this place and find it of great use for issues common to both the ///M 540i's and the M5's - such as EDCIII issues etc. This is because in most respects other than the engines, most parts, problems and features of both groups of cars are similar, if not identical.

From time to time, other ///M 540i owners - mostly of the north American cars - do lurk as well.

Kind regards
Nice, wish there was some way to find out the production #'s on the 200 of the 540i M Sports, oh well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The one source for anything related to the US 540i Sport is located at:

Charlie Kindel's E34 540i Sport website

Charlie Kindel has done a fabulous job over the years on this website dedicated to the virtually unknown E34 540i Sport which also provides a link to the yahoo M-Sport group as well as a great FAQ written by Renn Finley formerly from the Bay Area.

Also take a look at the Registry located within this same website, as that will provide you with information on the other cars that are currently owned around the US.

Regards,

Ken Little

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, here's a few...

The day he picked it up...

After the 'restoration'...

He didn't wanna run...:2:

While we were at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC...saw a couple beautiful machines...

Yes, that's a F40, 550 Barchetta, and a F50....:eek:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Oh ... and also, what was done to the paintwork. Looks a treat after the restoration. Although my paintwork scrubs up 'well', it is very swirly and could do with a 'resto'.

Cheers

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
$ch.eap

As far as the detail goes...

Exterior:
1)Thorough wash/detail
2)3M Fine Cut compound w/orbital
3)No Grit Compound w/orbital
4)3M Hand Glaze w/orbital
5)Zaino Bros. Z2

Interior
1)Thorough vacuuming
2)Wiped down everything in the interior
3)Scrubbed the leather and door panels down with Diluted Purple Power
4)Installed Leatherique's Rejuvenator
5)Stripped Rejunevator with Leatherique's Prestine Clean
6)Wiped any remaining Rejuvenator oil off with soft, damp, terry cloth and buffed dry with soft, dry terry cloth

Not finished quite yet, planning on removing the Throwing stars for their lip polishing this coming week, and cleaning wheel-wells, and eventually scrubbing down the undercarriage.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
A BMW dealer of parts reseller. The front spoiler is not an M5 part, but an M-Tech spoiler. The rear spoiler is the same as an M5 and the side skirts (if you don't already have them - all 1995 540i's would have been fitted with them) are also the same as the M5.

I believe a full M-Tech kit can still be bought, or the bits can be ordered individually.

Cheers

... do you know where i could pick up a body kit like that (the stock m5 kit) for a stock un-touched 540i (e34)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow man, some really nice photos, do you know where i could pick up a body kit like that (the stock m5 kit) for a stock un-touched 540i (e34)
Chucky, check your PMs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I guess I'm the only other 540iA M-Sport owner on this board. But mine's Cosmos on black. One of only 3 black/black 540iA M-Sport's from all of the info I have.

Oddly enough I bought mine from NC. so there were apparently 2 of the 65 in the NC area for at least some time.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I'm the only other 540iA M-Sport owner on this board. But mine's Cosmos on black. One of only 3 black/black 540iA M-Sport's from all of the info I have.

Oddly enough I bought mine from NC. so there were apparently 2 of the 65 in the NC area for at least some time.
Ha! That's funny, because there's actually an Arctic Silver 540iA and a Cosmos/Schwarz 6spd M-Sport in town!....Along with a Cosmos(Not sure of the interior color) 6spd in Winston-Salem, NC with an exhaust.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too have a cosmos schwarz with black interior (540i/6) - got it recently and still sorting it out.:M5thumbs:
Nice! Post pictures in the "Picture Thread".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts