BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry i can response to PM's yet.

SikhM5 -
National Auto Sport Assoc. and Porsche Club of America both host and organize high performance driving education (HPDE's or track days) at various tracks.

Basically you take you car and drive it on the track....

Summit Point Raceway and Virginia International Raceway are closest.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sorry i can response to PM's yet.

SikhM5 -
National Auto Sport Assoc. and Porsche Club of America both host and organize high performance driving education (HPDE's or track days) at various tracks.

Basically you take you car and drive it on the track....

Summit Point Raceway and Virginia International Raceway are closest.
So since we kind of know you now..and your a fellow m5 owner hehe...do we get a discount?

Ravi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Doesnt work like that. The hosting organization or club sponsors the event and we as instructors get asigned to novice and intermediate students. The benefit for us is minimal to no cost ourselves to participate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Doesnt work like that. The hosting organization or club sponsors the event and we as instructors get asigned to novice and intermediate students. The benefit for us is minimal to no cost ourselves to participate.
So how do you suggest we go about this? how much is the usual cost? or do we just go when BMWCCA hosts an event there or something?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi guys, I'm also in the area, Vienna, VA to be exact.

I too frequent the Thursday mini-meets in Fairfax Corners. The core group are members of the e46fanatics site, but you get your mix of e36, e46, newer e9x and an occasional e30.

I haven't been to the meets in the past 2 weeks due to being on travel, but I definitely plan to be there tonight (Aug 5th), granted we don't get any thunderstorms/hail/tornado type weather.

If you guys make it out, please say "HI".

Julius

·
Registered
552 Posts
M5 meet

Hey,

about the meet tonite, we may have to change location if it continues to rain, if you show up and no body is there, go to fairfax town center which is located right of Wex Ox, where Mobi Dick is located just go pass the movie theater on the right side and go in to the covered parking lot and go all the way to the bottom level that where the meet will take place if he rain continue.

Lanza

·
Registered
236 Posts
Due to the weather, I think I'll pass on tonight's meet.

FYI... There's another meet on Sunday in Tysons Corner (Mclean, VA). This meet is organized by another board, 6speedonline. The group is predominantly Porsches, but I've seen quite a spread at these GTG's (Get ToGethers). BMW M3s, M5s, M6s, various AMGs, 911s, Panameras, Lotus Exige's, Astons, Saleen S7, Newer Mustang Cobras, Vipers, Vette's, Ferarris and various other nice rides (can't remember). Very diverse crowd, and always a good time.

Here's a link to the GTG thread:
MD/DC/VA | 2010 GTG Season Thread | 10AM - 6speedonline.com Forums

Although the meet starts at 10AM, I usually get there between 10:30-11:00am.

If you need more info feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rear running lights

My right rear running light is out. This is not the brake light but the red lights that come on with the headlights. Any help with part or install would be much appreciated.

Also - I attended the cars andcoffee meet at Katie's Coffeshop in Great Falls village last Saturday (7-9am)

Over 50 cars and lots to see - Ferrari F40 and many more, Porsches, Lambos etc. Highly recommend. Goes every Saturday until October.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My right rear running light is out. This is not the brake light but the red lights that come on with the headlights. Any help with part or install would be much appreciated.

Also - I attended the cars andcoffee meet at Katie's Coffeshop in Great Falls village last Saturday (7-9am)

Over 50 cars and lots to see - Ferrari F40 and many more, Porsches, Lambos etc. Highly recommend. Goes every Saturday until October.
I'm in Silver Spring, and I'll be glad to help you out. It's pretty simple however, You can go to any auto parts store and look up the bulb type, purchase it, and replace. To replace - depending on the side, you'll either pull down the panel near the cd changer or the other side (just flips down) and there will be access to the back of the light housings there. You'll see three plastic protrusions and they unscrew that that bulbs sit in. Remove the one that is holding the failed bulb, replace the bulb in the plastic thing, screw it back in (IIRC it's only a1/4 or 1/2 turn) and all fixed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Meet tonite

Hey,

Since now we a our own group let start to get together, as I mention before there is weekly meet of M3 owner behind the movie theater in fairfax corner on the left hand side.
I will be there around 9 pm

PS: we don't have to meet there but all the time but we can start there we ca set our own meets days and time.

hope to see other M5 beas there tonite.

Lanza

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey,

Since now we a our own group let start to get together, as I mention before there is weekly meet of M3 owner behind the movie theater in fairfax corner on the left hand side.
I will be there around 9 pm

PS: we don't have to meet there but all the time but we can start there we ca set our own meets days and time.

hope to see other M5 beas there tonite.

Lanza
Although I haven't been to one of these (Thursday night GTG's of Bimmers) in a few weeks I will be making it out tonight. Hopefully some of you can make it.

On another note, there is another GTG every Saturday morning in Great Falls. This is frequented by exotics, F cars galore. Here's the link and some pics I took from last Saturday's GTG.

Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA - 6speedonline.com Forums

Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend, otherwise i would be going.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Im still in chicago so not going to be able to make it this weekend..But the skyline meet sounds great and i should be back in town by then..Lets get some M5s out there..

61 - 80 of 119 Posts