BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has any information concerning the B12 5.7 E-KAT advertised here? Any details concerning the car's history would be very much appreciated.

I'm fairly interested in the car and I've e-mailed the seller twice (first in English and then in German), but so far I've received no reply. I'm afraid my language skills are not quite good enough to be able to handle a telephone conversation in German.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This price is IMO to low to be good,, there must be something wrong with the car
My thought as well, hence why I'm asking if anyone knows anything about the car.

The price, however, is not the primary reason why I'm interested in the car, but rather the color combination which - strangely enough I might add - attracts me in some unknown way. Ever since Alpina launched their version of the E38 7-series I've wanted a black car with a brown, beige or white interior. I'm also not very fond of the face-lifted E38's, and there doesn't seem to be too many cars around which meet my requirements.

I would certainly check out and test-drive the car prior to any purchase, but if I cannot even get answers to some very basic questions concerning the car's history, the trip from Sweden to Germany doesn't really feel like it's worth the effort.

I would have posted a thread on the German Alpina forum as well, but I feel my German is simply not good enough to make myself properly understood.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
outside of car is nice..... inside is one of the worst colour combinations ive seen on a alpina

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says "Kilometerstand laut Tacho!" - which means .... no verficable history/mileage
Well, that doesn't bode well then. Like I mentioned earlier, my German is far from good, but doesn't that sentence imply that the mileage of the tachometer is incorrect? If the mileage could be verified through documents, bills or other paperwork, it need not be an issue. Then again, I already have a very nice B10 V8 so if there's something fishy about this B12 I'd rather keep my B10 and be on the safe side.

Yes, it looks very much like it, but some details differ. #32 has sports seats and ChromeLine exterior, the one advertised has comfort seats and ShadowLine exterior. In addition, #32 is stated as being "Blue" and first registered in May 1996 while the one fore sale is listed as "Black" and first registered in July 1996. Seats and mouldings could have been replaced, however, and difference in registration dates could have been a typo.

·
Registered
821 Posts
inside is one of the worst colour combinations ive seen on a alpina
I'm a big fan of unusual colour schemes...

... but this one should be called "Diahorrea in Jeans" :Thumbdown:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just to think someone went to a lot of time and trouble to choose that interior, what were they sniffing at the time :rolleyes:.
Must be like sitting in a pile of poo :shakemitkopf:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts