BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
:eek:oohhh: I would just buy another wheel.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not worth fixing. I had same problem. Fixed it weld it and refinish it and had to refinish all of them to match. I didn't like the color "nothing beats the shadow chrome" and the wheel never run smooth. Money wasted. Now I'm ordering a new set form Germany :) can't wait

Mine was front one. Skid on rain hitting sidewalk :( lucky no damage to the car beside cracking the cracked bumper and the wheel bent. New bumper on now.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
That cannot be safely repaired.

I am sure if you go to enough shops, you might find people that will cosmetically repair it, the result will not be safe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No. I'm an OEM wheel engineer (design, failure analysis, etc). I'm impressed with the elongation shown in the material (bending without breaking), but that should not be repaired.

However, I've seen some attempted warranty returns that should also have not been repaired. You may be able to find someone that will do it. But don't.

Besides safety, getting the smooth ride (low road force on balance, low radial runout) would be highly unlikely.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
You could always hang it in the garage where your wife and neighbors would most likely not notice or care:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts