BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
This 507 was booked in months in advance without me getting a chance to see the condition. In the end it needed a 2 stage polish with special attention on certain areas with the claybar. It was protected with Opti Coat Pro and we were happy with the results. I love the wheels too by the way, my favorite choice out of all the options for the C63.

Arrival

Claybar

Measuring the paint

Rubber trim masked off

Before 1st stage

After 1st stage

Cleaning out polish residue out of the clear bra edge

Opti Coat Primer first

Then Opti Coat Pro next

And finally the finished pics just before sunset :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Met this customer through Facebook and admired his photography for quite sometime. Was quite surprised to receive a message from him interested in our work. Long story short, into the shop in came.

Very impressed with the initial condition of the paint and found it only needed a 1 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Coat Pro.

Arrival

Rubber and plastic trim all masked up

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Opti Coat Pro about it be applied

Double checking our work with a light that omits the same color as the sun

No swirls

And the finished product :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
This new M4 came to us in pretty good condition straight from the dealer. Other then a few light swirls that the camera couldn't pick up the paint was in great shape. Not much else to say other then enjoy the pics!

As usual the arrival pics

Paint measurements

Masking off the rubber trim

Applied Opti Coat Primer via machine

After removing the tape etc we cleaned out some polish residue with our trusty tooth pick

Opti Coat Pro

Double checking our work with a light that emits the same color light as the sun

Perfect

And finally the fruits of our labour :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
This was totally a coincidence that two e39 M5s came in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro. They had both booked on the same day so I ended up doing the write up on both cars at the same time which is a first and was quite interesting to do. I was very happy with the out come on both cars as were the owners so enjoy seeing the process and final pics!

Arrival (you should have seen both owners' faces lol)

Masking off the rubber trim after the wash and clay

Taking paint measurements

Before

After

50/50 shot

Opti Coat Pro

Application

And the finished pics

I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed working on my favorite generation M5!

·
Registered
128 Posts
A long time customer recently purchased this new 4 GTS from Pfaff and wanted to get the paint protected asap. Well after 1000km in it finally came.

I must say this is one of the most beautifulest 991s we have done this year and we had a great time working on it and admiring all the little details put together on this 4 GTS.

Paint wasn't in bad shape so just a quick 1 stage polish and then protected with Opti Coat Pro.

Enjoy!

Arrival pic

Paint measurement and plastic trim masked off

Before

After

Lovely metallic flake shot

Opti Coat Pro

And the finished pics starting with reflections off the hood

Definitely looking forward to maintaining this one over the years!

·
Registered
128 Posts
We had spoken to this client a few weeks prior to this detail and he had actually referred a Bentley to us earlier in the spring.

The car was fairly new and well taken care of so the paint was not in bad shape at all. A 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean up the light swirls which then was protected with Opti Coat Pro afterwards.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Taking measurements

Masking up the plastic and rubber trim

Then on to polishing the paint

Before

After

After the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied to the paint

Via machine

Then Opti Coat Pro applied

And finally the finished pics starting with a reflection on the hood

Hope you liked the pics on this track monster!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey Wes I need this beast detailed :) :

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had talked to this client for quite sometime now regarding his other vehicles like an e39 M5(which was sold) and an e30 M3. We had never gotten a chance to book a solid date but stayed in contact over the years. He had recently purchased this new Sprint Blue RS4 and was planning to drive it year round and wanted to protect it with Opti Coat Pro. The car was brought in for a consultation and we finally booked a date!

Arrival

After cleaning the wheels and a car wash we claybarred the paint

Took some paint measurements

And finally we started with the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After

A 50/50 shot

The metallic flake in the Sprint Blue started to really POP again!

We also polished the headlights and taillights

Before

After

After all the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied

Unmasking

Then cleaning all the little details like removing polish from the edge of the stone guard

Then finally Opti Coat Pro is applied

And here are the afters

Always a pleasure to work on an RS and glad we could bring this Sprint Blue back to life!

·
Registered
128 Posts
We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday :)

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It was a huge pleasure to work on this classic R33 Skyline and in Midnight Purple too! We ended up performing a 2 stage polish on the paint and protecting it afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat. Ran into a small complication with the paint being fairly thin in some areas and couldn't get as aggressive as we would like to but everything turned out great regardless.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

2 Bucket car wash

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin mitt

And measuring the paint. This is one of the lower areas earlier mentioned

Before

After

50/50 shot

After the polishing was completed we cleaned out the left over polish out of the tighter areas with our trusty tooth pick

And finally Opti Gloss Coat is applied

Now for the finished pics

I tried to get a sun shot to show the flake but it had already set to far. This is the best I could do.

Hope you enjoyed the pics on this R33 Godzilla!

·
Registered
128 Posts
This beautiful Sepang Blue V10 R8 came in early spring but we have been so busy that I haven't had time to post it until now.

Not really much of a back story, got a call inquiring about Opti Coat Pro, client inquired with a few Audi Club members who vouched for our work, then in it came.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin Mitt

Measuring the paint

Before

After

After polishing and prep for Opti Coat Pro cleaned the windows

Opti Coat Pro about to be applied

And now the finished pics

And a sun shot to show no more swirls

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Long time client who previously brought us his w219 CLS 500, purchased this new w218 CLS 63 AMG and brought it in again for a 1 stage polish + Opti Gloss Coat.

Not much to mention about the car itself, the paint wasn't to bad and the 1 stage was enough to bring it up to a 8.5/9 out of 10.

On to the pics.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Claybarring the paint

Quick measurement of the paint

On to the polishing

Before

After

Metallic flake looking beautiful

Opti Gloss Coat about to be applied

And finally the finished pics

Always a pleasure to take care of this clients cars and I hope you guys enjoyed the pics!

Instagram - OrionDetailing.Co

Facebook - Orion Detailing Co.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This car makes me so happy!!!

Returning client who brought in his e39 M5 now brought in this e39 M5 Touring project car. Basically a 540i Touring with an M5 engine, transmission, suspension, etc. Definitely on my bucket list of cars to have.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Before

After

50/50

Opti Gloss Coat about to be applied

And the finished pictures

I really want to build my own Touring now!!!

Always a pleasure to work on stuff like this.

Wes
(647)999-8499
www.instagram.com/oriondetailing.co

·
Registered
128 Posts
Long time client brought in his e30 M3 Evo Sport. It had been imported earlier this year but sat in storage for a few months before it made it's way over to us, hence it looking quite dusty in the first pic.

Once brought over client said "give it whatever it needs". After the initial wash we came to the realization that it had already been paint corrected and coated most likely by the previous owner. So we decided to just give it a Basic In & Out detail.

Hope you enjoy the pics on this rare classic!

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Cleaning inside the gas cap as well

2 Bucket Method car wash only

Claybarring the paint, and as you can see the water beading is already very strong

Drying off with a plush microfiber towel

Measuring the paint for the clients records

Machine waxing with a ceramic combatible wax

Tire dressing

Cleaning the windows

And the finished product

I LOVE the dtm spoiler

And some quick shots of the interior

Dog leg shifter

And just to make it official
:)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts