BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Any good Toronto detailers?

13K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  Rick45 
#1 ·
This is for the canadians out there. Anyone know a good place?

#3 ·
Hey Wes, I spoke to yesterday over the phone. Let me know if you can put me in for this week. Thanks

#5 ·
Funny thing about this car is we had actually 2 stage polished it and protected it with Opti Coat Pro in the spring for the previous owner. Randomly by chance the new owner brought in his Cayenne diesel and mentioned he had bought this Scud and wanted to bring it in for another detail before storage. Lol small world and funny how things work out like that sometimes.

I didn't get pics the first time but definitely with it in again I had to get pics of it in the shop!

Arrival pics

Vacuum the carpets err floor

Dust out the crevices

I love this wheel

I really like this shot for some reason

And me doing my Neo Matrix detailing shot

We cleaned the pedals

Then finally wiped everything down starting with the door

The seats

And finally, the floor

As usual the rims first on the exterior

I love this pic

Always 2 Bucket Method when we wash

I just machine waxed the paint at a low speed, nothing interesting, but I tried to make it look interesting lol

Me, Myself, and I waxing

Clean the windows

Dress the tires

And last but not least, use a tooth pick to clean the wax out the crevices

And now, the finished pics

And finally, my last two favourite pictures

#6 ·
We had Opti Coated this client's BMW F31 and he had mentioned how he had lost a Dakar Yellow e46 M3 in a flood and was trying to figure out what to replace it with. I mentioned an e39 M5 and I guess that planted the seed in his head because a couple months later this low mileage M5 showed up lolol.

Sorry about the lack of after pics but due to the overcast I didn't really get any good shots.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels, specifically the lugnut area

Engine shampooed and dressed

Paint measured

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Headlights and taillights were polished as well.

Before

After

Unmasking the trim

And the only decent after pic

Thanks again for looking!

#7 ·
This client had just purchased this SRT8 and wanted to get a "fresh" start with it. He stopped by for an initial assessment and we concluded on a 2 stage polish. I tried to convince him on at least Opti Coat 2.0 or the new version Gloss Coat but in the end we just protected it with a sealant. All in all I was very happy with the out come and the pics. Hope you enjoy the transformation on this beast!

Arrival to the shop

Started with the wheels as usual

Cleaning the wheel well

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Even the chrome trim improved!
Before

After

Taillights before

Taillights after

In the sun shot and no swirls

And the finished pics

Thanks for looking!

#8 ·
Hey M5 Boarders,

This client was actually one of my first customers that I had lost contact with for a couple years, but found on Instagram. We exchanged numbers, setup a date, and into the shop it came. All I was told was to "work your magic" lol. This ended up being a 2 stage polish protected afterward with Gloss Coat, the replacement for Opti Coat 2.0, which I am very happy with. Easy to apply, very glossy, and feels pretty slick too! Did I mention I like Estoril Blue?

On arrival

Cleaning the inner barrel of the wheels

Wiping down the rim face with a microfibre mitt

Cleaning in the lugnut area

And cleaning in the wheel wells

Washing always using the 2 Bucket Method

Claybarred the paint using the Nano Skin Mitt

And dried it with a plush microfibre towel
[/QUOTE]

Masked off all rubber trim

Taking paint measurements (note: The entire car had been repainted by Luxury in Etibocoke. The reason for such high paint readings)

Now the fun begins
Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

All in all I would say we got it to an 8.5-9 out of 10 minus the deeper scratches that couldn't be buffed out. All in all still very happy with the correction and shine achieved.

Unmasking the trim

Cleaning out the polish residue

Cleaning the windows

And dressing the tires

And the star of the show, Opti Gloss Coat

Finally the finished product. Unfortunately no sun out, just light snow and autumn leaves.

This shot shows the gloss best and is one of my favorite pics of the set

And finally an artsy fartsy miami basel shot lol

Hope you enjoyed the transformation on this classic in a classic color!

Thanks
Wes

#11 · (Edited)
Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Festivus, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and New Years!

This was a brand new MK7 GTI that came in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro about 2 weeks ago. I had spoken to this client previously regarding his MK6 GTI but that never ended up coming to fruition. There was a bit of a delay with getting it in to the shop as a few things had to be ironed out with the dealership but in it finally came.

734KM

Wheels are always first

Even the wheel wells too

Starting the car wash

Two Bucket Method always, dirt rinsed off the mitt before going into the soap bucket

Claybarring the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Rubber trim masked off

Paint measured and no signs of a repaint

Some areas were bad others weren't so bad but regardless we wanted to get the paint as perfect as safely possible so that the owner could have a nice delivery experience from us and the car be in the shape it was supposed to be in.

Here are the befores and afters

Before

After

Before

After

One of the rougher panels
Before

After

Unmasking the rubber trims

Cleaning out the polishing dust

And using a tooth pick to clean out the polish residue

Removing the swirls is important but cleaning up the left overs is just as equally important too!

Now with everything cleaned up the finishing touches were next.

Dressing the tires

Cleaning the windows

Wiping the exhaust with 0000 steel wool

And finally applying first the Opti Coat Primer

The star of the show

I didn't get to many after pics as there was still a 40% chance of rain so I quickly took it out for a few pics then tucked it away for delivery.

No sun out but I did my best to capture the glossiness in the car. It's nice to see your work can still shine on a cloudy day lol!

This is my favorite pic out of the bunch

And the last pic

Hope everyone had a good 2014 and all the best in 2015!

Thanks,
Wes

#15 ·
We were eagerly anticipating this brand new 991 GTS with the Aero package since we learned of the deposit placed down before Christmas. This client has been with us for 5 years now and to see him work up to this has been a pleasure! The paint was not in bad shape and applying Opti Coat Primer via machine pretty much cleaned up the light swirling that was there.

Anyways on to the pics.

It looks like Camp 4 outside of the shop

Claybarring with the Nanoskin Mitt

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Opti Coat Primer

Applied by machine. I love the uniform look

Blurry polishing

Opti Coat Pro

Applied

Double checking our work

I love taking flake shots

And the finished shots

Looking forward to maintaining this one on an annual basis and I hope you enjoyed the pics!

#16 ·
I believe this was our 3rd time working on a Mini and it was pretty cool that it was a Hampton. This client had seen our work online and was interested in bringing his baby in before the spring rush. Believe it or not as small as a Mini is supposed to be it was a lot of work! Masking the rubber trim alone was insane!

Anyways on to the pics :)

Claybarring the paint

Masked off all the rubber and plastic trim

Before

After

Opti Coat

And the finished pics

Hope you enjoyed the pics as usual and hopefully we see you in the spring!

#17 ·
We had detailed this client's RS before as well as his 997.2 RS so we were familiar with the paint as well as the condition of the car. Always a pleasure to see this one and work on it as well. The paint was looking just a little rough and we were hoping a 1 stage polish would be enough but in the end we did a non aggressive 2 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat.

As usual, hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival pic

After the wheel cleaning and 2 bucket car wash we clayed the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Brought it in and masked off the rubber trim

Then took paint measurements

1st stage polish before

1st stage polish after with a bit of haze

50/50 shot

2nd stage polish before

2nd stage polish after and the haze all gone

And a shot of us polishing

Cleaning out the residue from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

Then alcohol wipe down

Applying Opti Gloss Coat

And finally the finished pics. I wish so badly that the sun was out to show just how glossy the paint was.

This was the best glossy pic I could take and it didn't even come close

Nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process on a rare colored RS.

Thanks!

#18 ·
I love this color! From pics in magazines etc I wasn't sure how I felt about Austin Yellow, but in person it is so beautiful! This client had brought us his previous Evo X but had sold that and purchased this. It was fairly new so all that was needed was a 1 stage polish.

I really wish the sun was out for the pics to do the color justice but it is what it is.

Arrival

Claybar

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Dressing the tires

Cleaning the windows

And the finished pics

#20 ·
This client was referred to us by Autolinks as there were a few small imperfections on the hood the customer wanted addressed before applying the PPF.
To be honest I forget what number this was out of the 333 GT Spyders in the world but it was very beautiful none the less. The swirls on this were very light so no before and afters but I hope you still enjoy going through the pics.

Arrival pics

Cleaning the wheels, including the ceramic brakes

Always wash the cars using the 2 Bucket Method

Car washes include the doorjambs

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin Mitt

Measuring the paint

Masking off all the rubber trim and matte carbon pieces

Applied Opti Coat Primer via machine

Dressed the tires

Clean the windows

And finally the finished pics

As usual hope you enjoyed the pics!

#21 ·
This 507 was booked in months in advance without me getting a chance to see the condition. In the end it needed a 2 stage polish with special attention on certain areas with the claybar. It was protected with Opti Coat Pro and we were happy with the results. I love the wheels too by the way, my favorite choice out of all the options for the C63.

Arrival

Claybar

Measuring the paint

Rubber trim masked off

Before 1st stage

After 1st stage

Cleaning out polish residue out of the clear bra edge

Opti Coat Primer first

Then Opti Coat Pro next

And finally the finished pics just before sunset :)

#22 ·
Met this customer through Facebook and admired his photography for quite sometime. Was quite surprised to receive a message from him interested in our work. Long story short, into the shop in came.

Very impressed with the initial condition of the paint and found it only needed a 1 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Coat Pro.

Arrival

Rubber and plastic trim all masked up

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Opti Coat Pro about it be applied

Double checking our work with a light that omits the same color as the sun

No swirls

And the finished product :)

#23 ·
This new M4 came to us in pretty good condition straight from the dealer. Other then a few light swirls that the camera couldn't pick up the paint was in great shape. Not much else to say other then enjoy the pics!

As usual the arrival pics

Paint measurements

Masking off the rubber trim

Applied Opti Coat Primer via machine

After removing the tape etc we cleaned out some polish residue with our trusty tooth pick

Opti Coat Pro

Double checking our work with a light that emits the same color light as the sun

Perfect

And finally the fruits of our labour :)

#24 ·
This was totally a coincidence that two e39 M5s came in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro. They had both booked on the same day so I ended up doing the write up on both cars at the same time which is a first and was quite interesting to do. I was very happy with the out come on both cars as were the owners so enjoy seeing the process and final pics!

Arrival (you should have seen both owners' faces lol)

Masking off the rubber trim after the wash and clay

Taking paint measurements

Before

After

50/50 shot

Opti Coat Pro

Application

And the finished pics

I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed working on my favorite generation M5!

#25 ·
A long time customer recently purchased this new 4 GTS from Pfaff and wanted to get the paint protected asap. Well after 1000km in it finally came.

I must say this is one of the most beautifulest 991s we have done this year and we had a great time working on it and admiring all the little details put together on this 4 GTS.

Paint wasn't in bad shape so just a quick 1 stage polish and then protected with Opti Coat Pro.

Enjoy!

Arrival pic

Paint measurement and plastic trim masked off

Before

After

Lovely metallic flake shot

Opti Coat Pro

And the finished pics starting with reflections off the hood

Definitely looking forward to maintaining this one over the years!

#26 · (Edited)
We had spoken to this client a few weeks prior to this detail and he had actually referred a Bentley to us earlier in the spring.

The car was fairly new and well taken care of so the paint was not in bad shape at all. A 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean up the light swirls which then was protected with Opti Coat Pro afterwards.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Taking measurements

Masking up the plastic and rubber trim

Then on to polishing the paint

Before

After

After the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied to the paint

Via machine

Then Opti Coat Pro applied

And finally the finished pics starting with a reflection on the hood

Hope you liked the pics on this track monster!

#27 ·
Hey Wes I need this beast detailed :) :

#29 ·
I had talked to this client for quite sometime now regarding his other vehicles like an e39 M5(which was sold) and an e30 M3. We had never gotten a chance to book a solid date but stayed in contact over the years. He had recently purchased this new Sprint Blue RS4 and was planning to drive it year round and wanted to protect it with Opti Coat Pro. The car was brought in for a consultation and we finally booked a date!

Arrival

After cleaning the wheels and a car wash we claybarred the paint

Took some paint measurements

And finally we started with the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After

A 50/50 shot

The metallic flake in the Sprint Blue started to really POP again!

We also polished the headlights and taillights

Before

After

After all the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied

Unmasking

Then cleaning all the little details like removing polish from the edge of the stone guard

Then finally Opti Coat Pro is applied

And here are the afters

Always a pleasure to work on an RS and glad we could bring this Sprint Blue back to life!

#30 ·
We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday :)

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.