BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Washington DC area know of
a good BMW repair/tuner shop?? That are
knowledgable of the E39 M5. That is
reasonably priced.

After my Warranty runs out.. bye bye dealership..:byee55amg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
There is a great shop in the air park in gaithersburg. The place is called Airpark Auto Service. I only services BMW and Porsche's. I have been taking my Porsche and BMW there for years. The guys name is MANI and he is a german master technician and he is such a honest guy. I dont have his number right now with me but I will post later



E39 MFIVE said:
Anyone in the Washington DC area know of
a good BMW repair/tuner shop?? That are
knowledgable of the E39 M5. That is
reasonably priced.

After my Warranty runs out.. bye bye dealership..:byee55amg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
E39 MFIVE said:
Anyone in the Washington DC area know of
a good BMW repair/tuner shop?? That are
knowledgable of the E39 M5. That is
reasonably priced.

After my Warranty runs out.. bye bye dealership..:byee55amg
Great questions I was gonna ask this same question sometime this week. I got a bunch off stuff that I would like installed within the month like SSK, exhaust, etc.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
oto60 said:
There is a great shop in the air park in gaithersburg. The place is called Airpark Auto Service. I only services BMW and Porsche's. I have been taking my Porsche and BMW there for years. The guys name is MANI and he is a german master technician and he is such a honest guy. I dont have his number right now with me but I will post later
Great call on this. I went there at Mani is awesome, just like you said very honest and very knowledgable. He and his team installed all my mods so far. In fact there are so cool he never made me pay a dime after the installation because he wanted me to come back the following week to finish up on conecting the IATS to the DME. It is in there right now for this and could feel happier about who is working on it. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I am sure the others mentioned are good as well but I will try them out some other time.

Late
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Now if I can find a place around MD to install the Valentine and StealthOne. I could probably give it a shot myself but I have never been a DIY person, well I am but just not a very good one. Anyone know of a place to do this or have knowledge on how to do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,393 Posts
bimmer23 said:
Great call on this. I went there at Mani is awesome, just like you said very honest and very knowledgable. He and his team installed all my mods so far. In fact there are so cool he never made me pay a dime after the installation because he wanted me to come back the following week to finish up on conecting the IATS to the DME. It is in there right now for this and could feel happier about who is working on it. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I am sure the others mentioned are good as well but I will try them out some other time.

Late
20 years ago my dad used to have a saying- kind of a joke:

'Nowadays, there are three people you need to know: a good doctor, a good lawyer,... and a good mechanic.'

Trust is more important than cheap, no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
ard said:
20 years ago my dad used to have a saying- kind of a joke:

'Nowadays, there are three people you need to know: a good doctor, a good lawyer,... and a good mechanic.'

Trust is more important than cheap, no?
Best part is that they were fairly priced for all this stuff in my sig below they charged $590 for 7 hrs of labor time. Personally I'd rather pay that than taking on all that stress and time that I would encounter trying to fit this stuff myself. My DIY skills go as far as changing the shift knob and boot and brake handle (I know it is a big joke), but I would hate to know I screwed something up myself and have to pay twice as much to fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
i'm late to this tread as usual, but i got my supersprint cans & x-pipe installed at intersport in tysons corner about 10 months ago.. they did a great job and their prices were reasonable ... they mostly work on porsches, but get the occassional m5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
E39 MFIVE said:
Anyone in the Washington DC area know of
a good BMW repair/tuner shop?? That are
knowledgable of the E39 M5. That is
reasonably priced.

After my Warranty runs out.. bye bye dealership..:byee55amg
What happened to Towson BMW???? I thought you had such a good experience their???? :confused2 I understand its a little far, is it just the money thing or what??

On the other hand Brian is the service manager at AutoAdvantage in Manassas, very nice guy. I just don't know about the mechanics!?

Me, I am a sucker and will always head back to the stealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
rodman31 said:
What happened to Towson BMW???? I thought you had such a good experience their???? :confused2 I understand its a little far, is it just the money thing or what??

On the other hand Brian is the service manager at AutoAdvantage in Manassas, very nice guy. I just don't know about the mechanics!?

Me, I am a sucker and will always head back to the stealer.
Man don't suck up to the stealers :7: . My warranty is not out yet but when it is I am going to Airpark Auto. It is really a one to one discussion and feel you get about your car with Manny. He told me any questions at all whether it is about my M or any other car just pop him a call and he will give me an answer or try to get me an answer (I have never heard any mechnic at the dealer ever tell me that), in fact I never ever talk to the mechanics or see who is working on the car at the dealers.

The best thing about it all is that he will talk to you and even show you what he is working on and what to watch out for. I was literally under the lift with him while he showed me how he hooked up the CAI and brake duct and how he installed the DSSR and SSK. Anyway, I am really blown away from the experience and would go back there in a heartbeat.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top