BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to hunt down a good service manual for my 2007 M5. I saw that Bentley put out an E60 Manual, but it doesn't specifically address the M5 model. Just wondering what others use or if there is anything I can get.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Based on no responses to this question, does that mean there aren't any good service manuals for this car, or not ones that anybody is aware of? What about any good 'Technical Article' sections specific to the M5, online? I know I've seen some helpful posts here, with photos, showing certain tasks, but is there anywhere that those type of articles are concentrated? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Im not aware of any Bentley manuals for the E39 M so i doubt there will be one for E60 M ..
BMWTIS BMW TIS EPA is prob what you want but get ready to fork over $$$

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I may check out the bmw stuff but not looking to spend a ton.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Bentley has a tech manual for e60 5 series last i checked, but no, not M5s. Doubt there will ever be one either.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe the BMW site is $30 for a 24 hr period , $250 for a month & $2500 for year. Figure out what info you want , print it out. There are also a few sites out there that have the wiring diagrams for free. I'm sure you can find them if search the forum.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Is it worth owning the 5 Series E60/61 Repair Manual for at least some repairs?

What wouldn't it cover precisely?

Engine

SMG III Transmission...shifter, paddles, different steering wheel?
Rear Differential
Brakes
Exhaust
Front seats
...?

Too bad they haven't made a 2006-2010 M5 supplemental book.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never bought the 5 Series manual, so don't know - maybe somebody else on here has it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Unless you can get the regular 5 series manual for a discount price I don't think it will be worth it. Most of the items that you mentioned are covered in the DIY section.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Add spark plugs to your list.

You'll find a lot of things are the same between the regular 5 series and M5. So there might be some benefit in owning a 5 series manual.

For example, the fuel filter change I just did was virtually the same.

However, as someone pointed out, we have a great DIY thread as a resource.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I had the Bentley for My M3 and honestly, I referred to the TIS at spaghetticoder and part diagrams from realoem.com for most everything. Torque specs are much easier to look up in the TIS than in the Bentley.

I was able to find a newer TIS somewhere online that covers the M5, but haven't needed to poke around in it much yet.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Okay thanks. There was a like-new one eBay last week that started at $89 shipped and went for $104 shipped. Not a great deal considering you can get them brand new $95 shipped elsewhere.

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts