BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all midwesterners. I've been looking for other e39 M5's on the roads around Indy and havent spotted any. I was curious if there are any..if there are who do you use for maintenance, who can you recommend for M type cars...the usual questions.: ) I live northwest of Indianapolis.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I need to check this area out more often. I'm on the opposite side of town as you.

As far as service I do most of it myself. There have been a few things I was not able to do myself and took to a friend who owns a shop and also had an E39 M5. (He lives/works in Avon) but he really isn't into the service as much - he owns a body shop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm up on the northeast side. I do some of the maintenance myself and for the other things I take the beast to Euro Motorworks. My experience with them has been good. And they have loaner cars, which I need to have. I think I've seen a silver E39 M5 on 465 once, but outside of that I haven't seen any others.

The beast is hibernating in the garage until spring. Only 50 more days....

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've seen a Silver around US 52 /465 area durring the summer months. I've seen one M5 in Irvington but I think he sold his.

I've had mine out a few times so far in the past couple of weeks, but I live less then half a mile from work so potholes and road salt aren't an issue for me. Longest part of my commute is my driveway :-/

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm on the southwest side, although I occasionally commute up to the northwest side. I have a 2001 LeMans Blue M5.

I do some of the service myself, and for bigger things, I take it to Autobahn Service Center, which is on SR 37 in/near Greenwood. I love them!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm on the southwest side, although I occasionally commute up to the northwest side. I have a 2001 LeMans Blue M5.

I do some of the service myself, and for bigger things, I take it to Autobahn Service Center, which is on SR 37 in/near Greenwood. I love them!
+1 for Autobahn! Took my 530i there a few times and they did great work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are any of you folks still active in the Indy area? I live on the east side and work in Lawrence. I have spotted a few M3's but never an M5.

As for repairs, I do as much as I can myself. I have taken the beast to EuroMotorworks for a free inspection and had them change my belts. People are very friendly, the quality of the work they did was so-so, and their prices are a bit confusing. I paid roughly $150 for them to change both belts, but would have paid more than that to replace the oil filter housing mounts?????

For larger projects and more technical items, I will probably go down to EAG.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't live in Indy anymore but still visit occasionally. I'm not familiar with EuroMotorworks. My guess is they misunderstood you and quoted for something entirely different than oil filter housing mounts. You might try Ress Motor Works in downtown Indy, or there is also Reggie's and Vaughn Motorwerks on the north side of town. Reggie's tends to have a pretty long wait to get an appointment though, based on my friend's experiences with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts