BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told my many online merchants (performanceplustire.com or online merchant at ebay) that they will only ship the tires to my billing address (to prevent online fraud). I want to have them shipped directly to my installer/shop. Anyone has done this with online merchant without major pain like having the CC company to add my installer/shop address as another billing address ?

Also, does anyone know how many tires (OEM size front and rear) can fit into our trunk? I might just have them ship to me directly if no easy way around this and take them with me in my trunk and back seats to the installer if they will fit.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I was told my many online merchants (performanceplustire.com or online merchant at ebay) that they will only ship the tires to my billing address (to prevent online fraud). I want to have them shipped directly to my installer/shop. Anyone has done this with online merchant without major pain like having the CC company to add my installer/shop address as another billing address ?

Also, does anyone know how many tires (OEM size front and rear) can fit into our trunk? I might just have them ship to me directly if no easy way around this and take them with me in my trunk and back seats to the installer if they will fit.

Thanks in advance
I have done this many times. I have not used performanceplustire.com, but I have uesd eBay. I usually confirm with them prior to bidding, and send them my shop's address with Paypal payment. Or if its an online vendor (discounttiredirect.com), they will ship to any address I list. Sometimes it requires a phone call but it can be done.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Tire Rack has a list of approved installers and as pointed out earlier, they will ship direct.

I've not heard of the performanceplustire.com, but to be honest, I've been buying tires from Tire Rack since the '80s, long before they had a website - you looked at their ads in Road&Track or AW and then called an 800 number. 100% perfect service for me over the last 25 years - even bought pre-heat-cycled race tires from them. Sometimes I've received a set of tires from them within 24 hours of placing an order.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've used Tire Rack on numerous occasions to have tires sent directly to my installer of choice. Last set I bought for the M, I had shipped home because they had a rebate and I didn't really need tires yet. I didn't want to inventory them at my installer so they sat in my garage for a couple of months. I have rear folding seats and all four fit in no problem with the seats down. I even tied them down.

I'm thinking only two would fit in the trunk safely with the rear seats up.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Just in general, I have any large parts sent directly to the shop that will be installing them. For tires, I always get Discount Tire to match whatever price I can find online. They have always matched my price without delay. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
tires easy

I bought tires from Tire-Easy.com and there was no problem having the tires shipped to my mechanic/installer. Prices were very good too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Tire Rack will ship to any installer, not just ones on their list. I think I had to put both rears in the back seat. One front will fit in the trunk, not sure about 2, especially with the M-Audio, or aftermarket sub-woofers in the package tray.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I stopped at one of the local shops and asked if I could have winter tires and rims shipped to them from an online retailer. While they had no problem what so ever with this they asked to see if they could meet or beat the price first. They also pointed out that if I had a warranty issue it's easier to deal local than ship back. They did match the online mounted price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts