BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone from Austin area, need to pick your brain on some things for my newly purchased 2000 M5, thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
you still running OEM MY 2000 head lights? I have fold down rear seats and they squeak like hell, going to try some sil-glide around the edges and see if that helps. Thanks man, you ever hear things about Dr. Beemer, BMW, Mini & Land Rover Repair | Austin - BMW & Mini Cooper Service of Austin for service/repair needs??
I have updated "euro" headlights. A previous owner upgraded them so they have aftermarket ballasts and angel eyes. They are DJ auto lenses (cheap), but I don't know too much about the rest of the setup.

Although I haven't used Dr. Beemer because I'm a super cheap DIY guy, he is the guy I would go to if I was in over my head. I read on here recently that he is has an e39 m5 himself, and also that he's ultra-competent and fair. Besides the seat thing, what work do you need to look into?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just curious what people are saying, I own Dr. Beemer, just never hear much feedback from M/// enthusiasts, we have done some minor solenoid work on the S62's, suspension and tune ups but nothing extensive like pulling VANOS units out..yet We have installed Dr. Vanos reman units on a M62, but not an S62

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
just curious what people are saying, I own Dr. Beemer, just never hear much feedback from M/// enthusiasts, we have done some minor solenoid work on the S62's, suspension and tune ups but nothing extensive like pulling VANOS units out..yet We have installed Dr. Vanos reman units on a M62, but not an S62
This is great info. A board member who owns a shop.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys in the Austin area about to do a radiator swap this weekend. Would anyone know where i could rent a set of the clutch removal/holder tool for our e39 M5?
thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
flyfishing
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing