BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.
I'm hunting for some high flow cats for the Ute.
Any Aussie guys got some info on who has good quality cats that I could use Down Under?

APPLES

·
Registered
657 Posts
SS race cats

Get the super sprint racing cats. They are real nice and definitely can feel a difference in power band.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure their nice, but the price seems extreme for what they are.
I just need the cats only, the connections to the SS headers and back will be custom.

Apples

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I seem to recall that there is a place in bayswater that makes them... I'll see if I can dig up the details

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm all sorted.
I went to Exhaust Shop .Com.au and I was set with a pair of stainless steel ones for a million times the saving of the SuperSprint (Super rip off they should be called)
They are 200 cell cats.
Getting fitted in the next few days.

Apples

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing special, just 2 1/2" from the hearders 4 in to 1 right out to the exhaust.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Super Sprint cats are $2,570.00 USD this is for the pair (left and right) OEM cats from bmw which are re-manufactured will run $3,200.00 each for a total of $6,400.00 USD GO here
BMW E39 M5 Exhausts, M5 Performance Exhausts, Supersprint E39 M5 Headers, Eisenmann M5 Exhausts
<table width="100%"> <form method="post" name="the_form" action="customer_account-exec/"></form> <input name="process" value="addproduct" type="hidden"> <input name="product_id" value="1644" type="hidden"> <input name="base_price" value="0.00" type="hidden"> <input name="custom_sku_original" value="4516.59" type="hidden"> <input name="custom_sku_price" value="3010.91" type="hidden"> <input name="custom_sku_save" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="total_percent_off" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="show_message" value="" type="hidden"> <input id="hiddenAddCart" name="hiddenAddCart" value="1" type="hidden"> <input id="hiddenAddWishList" name="hiddenAddWishList" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="force_custom_price_to_product" value="1" type="hidden"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%"> <table align="right"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> <!-- Part Number Maintain In Two Locations --> Part Number: 022 786 802
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">

(click image to enlarge)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Metallic Cat
High horse power performance applications require the durability and free flow characteristics of metallic racing catalytic converters. Turning up the power or using you car on the track will quickly melt down and damage your O.E. ceramic catalytic converter. Each racing converter is manufactured to racing specifications utilizing a high heat resistant metallic core. The reduced cell count from the O.E. 400 C.P.S.I. to a high flow 200 C.P.S.I. makes the Supersprint racing converters the most free flowing on the market today. All components are 100% stainless steel, and all tubing is mandrel bent to assure you the highest flow volume. On the BMW 540i sedan and touring models you will also need part 022 785 912, the Supersprint Y Connecting Pipe. Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway. Not applicable or intended for street or highway use.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <script language="JavaScript"> <!-- // Author : Jonathan Weesner (http://cyberstation.net/~jweesner/) // Copyright: Use freely. Keep Author and Copyright lines intact. var WGdc="."; var WGgc=","; var WGcs="$"; function WGformatMoney(A) { var N=Math.abs(Math.round(A*100)); var S=((N<10)?"00":((N<100)?"0":""))+N; S=WGcs+WGgroup(S.substring(0,(S.length-2)))+WGdc+S.substring((S.length-2),S.length)+((A<0&&WGnc=="(")?")":""); return S; } // WGgroup inspired by Bill Dortch's usenet post (color center) function WGgroup(S) { return (S.length<4)?S:(WGgroup(S.substring(0,S.length-3))+WGgc+S.substring(S.length-3,S.length)); } // Original: Gregor ([email protected]) var ie4 = (document.all) ? true : false; var ns4 = (document.layers) ? true : false; var ns6 = (document.getElementById && !document.all) ? true : false; function writetolayer(lay,txt) { if (ie4) { document.all[lay].innerHTML = txt; } if (ns4) { document[lay].document.write(txt); document[lay].document.close(); } if (ns6) { over = document.getElementById([lay]); range = document.createRange(); range.setStartBefore(over); domfrag = range.createContextualFragment(txt); while (over.hasChildNodes()) { over.removeChild(over.lastChild); } over.appendChild(domfrag); } } function update_price() { var start_price = new Number(document.the_form.custom_sku_price.value); var save_price = new Number(document.the_form.custom_sku_save.value); //var original_price = 4516.59; var original_price = new Number(document.the_form.custom_sku_original.value); writetolayer("pricelayer",WGformatMoney(start_price)); // Show Price Not Valid // var hiddenAddCart=document.getElementById("hiddenAddCart") var hiddenAddWishList=document.getElementById("hiddenAddWishList") if (hiddenAddCart.value==0 || hiddenAddWishList.value==0){ var textNA='Select'; var pricelayer=document.getElementById("pricelayer"); var salepricelayer=document.getElementById("salepricelayer"); if (pricelayer){ pricelayer.innerHTML=textNA; }else{ salepricelayer.innerHTML=textNA; } } } //--> </script> <table width="100%" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" align="left"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">MSRP $4,516.59</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"> Your Price: $3,010.91 </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">Quantity: <input size="1" name="quantity" value="1" type="text"> </td></tr> <tr> <td rowspan="2" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"> <center><input name="submit" value="BUY NOW" onclick="if (!document.getElementById('sandu[0]') || document.getElementById('hiddenAddCart').value==1) return true; else {if (document.getElementById('hiddenAddWishList').value==1) alert('You can add this item to your wish list.'); else alert('Please make a valid selection.'); return false;}" type="submit"> <input name="submit" value="WISHLIST" onclick="if (!document.getElementById('sandu[0]') || document.getElementById('hiddenAddWishList').value==1) return true; else {alert('Please make a valid selection.'); return false;}" type="submit"></center> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Only one for that price actually. Good Show Apples.....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I don't see 3k in product there.
APPLES

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm thinking I can just use straight-thru pipes on my V8 E39, because its a '96 model, and it has no post-cat O2 sensors. Only precat O2 sensors. So a straight pipe wont worry the precat sensors.

(I was suprised to find that mine doesnt have 4 oxy sensors, but I think they went to 4 sensors in 1997. Or my car may be a freak of BMW design..)

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they ran about AUD $450 each and stainless 200 cell count.
A

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think they ran about AUD $450 each and stainless 200 cell count.
A
That's pretty good price....so around $750USD/pair ?? How does the performance ??

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At 200 cell count they should be much improved from OEM.
Plus they can take the high temps.
Cheap cats will burn out and be poor performers at cleaning the air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts