BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted to 19" OZ rims and I would like to put a spare tire in the trunk.
Does anyone have any idea what would be the best combo available?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have searched the board for a solution and have yet to come up with a suitable answer. I have the 380mm/15" Brembo BBK which requires a 19" wheel. I would ultimately like to find a temporary spare similar to what Porsche does. Something along the lines of a 19" x 6" wheel or thinner with a temporary tire that sits close to the rim when deflated. This shouldn't take up to much room in the trunk. Is there any manufacturer out there that can custom make this? I know I would purchase one as well as many other members.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ducman69 said:
I have searched the board for a solution and have yet to come up with a suitable answer. I have the 380mm/15" Brembo BBK which requires a 19" wheel. I would ultimately like to find a temporary spare similar to what Porsche does. Something along the lines of a 19" x 6" wheel or thinner with a temporary tire that sits close to the rim when deflated. This shouldn't take up to much room in the trunk. Is there any manufacturer out there that can custom make this? I know I would purchase one as well as many other members.

The subject of a space-saving spare has been repeatedly discussed at lentgh in this forum. Many have propsoed or suggested possible solutions, but as far as I know, none have panned out, other than carrying a full-sized spare in the trunk.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With as many new members we atract in a day the subject needs to keep coming up until a solution is found.

Wilkie said:
The subject of a space-saving spare has been repeatedly discussed at lentgh in this forum. Many have propsoed or suggested possible solutions, but as far as I know, none have panned out, other than carrying a full-sized spare in the trunk.

·
Registered
12,913 Posts
howler said:
With as many new members we atract in a day the subject needs to keep coming up until a solution is found.
How about we start with any space saver spares made by BMW (5x120) and work from there? Next would be space saver spares made for any car and then make up adapter to run 5x120. We need an inflated diameter of about 25.7 inches. Who has access to the parts bin??
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
480 Posts
I recall that someone mentioned that one of the X5 models comes (or came) with a space saver spare, but I'm not sure if anyone followed up on that to see if it fits the M5 with proper offset and clears the brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts