BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted a while ago that I got an error light after removing my passenger seat. It seems that when you remove a seat with the battery still hooked up, it will set the airbag light and the only way to reset is an SFS? Peake tool (not regular Peake motor tool?), dealer, or another advanced software tool. I unplugged the big connector under the seat, remove the position transducer wire, and then disconnected the 200amp feed to the fuse panel under the passenger seat only. Left the battery connected.
When I reinstalled the seat and hooked everything back up (after replacing 50amp fuse to Secondary air pump) the red air bag fault light on the driver display is now lit and will stay lit until stealer resets or I get a tool more advanced than my Peake. Supposedly no work-a-rounds. Anyone got any advance or the right tool in NW Indiana area? This really sucks as I changed the SAP valve but the pump is out of the car and the SES is out now!
What a snowball of circle jerks! Like stepping in quick sand!

Bill

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
Well, I posted a while ago that I got an error light after removing my passenger seat. It seems that when you remove a seat with the battery still hooked up, it will set the airbag light and the only way to reset is an SFS? Peake tool (not regular Peake motor tool?), dealer, or another advanced software tool. I unplugged the big connector under the seat, remove the position transducer wire, and then disconnected the 200amp feed to the fuse panel under the passenger seat only. Left the battery connected.
When I reinstalled the seat and hooked everything back up (after replacing 50amp fuse to Secondary air pump) the red air bag fault light on the driver display is now lit and will stay lit until stealer resets or I get a tool more advanced than my Peake. Supposedly no work-a-rounds. Anyone got any advance or the right tool in NW Indiana area? This really sucks as I changed the SAP valve but the pump is out of the car and the SES is out now!
What a snowball of circle jerks! Like stepping in quick sand!

Bill
Most good indies have a more sophiticated tool to reset the airbag light. Check with some local members for a recommendation for an indie. It takes all of two minutes to plug in and reset. so even if you are charged, it shouldn't be much at all if you are charged "real time".
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
543 Posts
black electrical tape.:eek:oohhh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts