BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BMW phone installation instructions says the antenna connection is under the headliner within six inches of where the phone is installed on the back window. Anybody have any idea how do you get to this wire? The rear of the headliner does not pull down and there are no obvious exit holes for the cable.

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That should "within six inches of where the ANTENNA is installed on the back window"

Steve

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by ShelbyGT350H:
The BMW phone installation instructions says the antenna connection is under the headliner within six inches of where the phone is installed on the back window. Anybody have any idea how do you get to this wire? The rear of the headliner does not pull down and there are no obvious exit holes for the cable. The phone is installed in the front console not on the back window. It would be very hard to use there even if it was. The phone antenna IS installed on the back window though.

Steve

------------------

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so we agree that the phone is on the console and the antenna is on the rear glass, but the intent of the question remains remarkably untouched: how do you gain access to the existing antenna cable in order to connect it to the antenna on the rear glass?

Steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
The rear of the headliner at the glass just pops down from its retaining clips and the cable is right there. Actually it is a little more tricky to pop back in because there is another length of cable to tuck back in, but no big deal.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by ShelbyGT350H:
OK so we agree that the phone is on the console and the antenna is on the rear glass, but the intent of the question remains remarkably untouched: how do you gain access to the existing antenna cable in order to connect it to the antenna on the rear glass?

Steve
My dealer installed my phone for free....I only had to pay for parts.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts