BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, over the past few months we have been upgrading the d3 ready for this years event.

Everything we have done is Factory BMW supplied:

1. BMW Sport Brake upgrade to Floating and Cross drilled discs and pads.

2. BMW Factory M3 CSL 19" forged BBS light alloy wheels and Michelin Pilot PS2 Extra Load Tyres.

3. BMW Retrofit Factory DVDIII Navigation with TV and DVD.

4. BMW Front aerodynamic splitters for Sport Bumper.

Well, thats what we have acheived so far, the next Parts will be upgraded soon...

ant.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I look forward to seeing the end result ! Good luck with the rest of the modding. I especially like the CSL alloys !

Good Luck !
:)

Regards,

Louis

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, those modifications look great! But how long will those frontbumper lips will be in place during the Gumball!
I'm very curious how the dvd nav. works, the normal bmw cd rom nav. is pretty bad!

·
Registered
291 Posts
BG said:
Wow, those modifications look great! But how long will those frontbumper lips will be in place during the Gumball!
I'm very curious how the dvd nav. works, the normal bmw cd rom nav. is pretty bad!
The "normal" BMW Navigation uses DVD, although the UK disk is a CD because it does not require as much capacity.

I have seen BMW navigation in use quite a few times and have always thought it to be very reliable.

Could you tell me otherwise ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The older model of the BMW factory navigation used a CD and you had to purchase different disc for differnt countries.

The newer system uses DVD's so you get the WHOLE of europe on 1 disc and every country is as detailed as the UK. It is also much faster as well, as fast as you can input the data. The BMW retrofit kit gives you excactly the same as ordering it when the car is brand new.

Give me any address in europe and I will record the input and calculation of the route to show you how fast it is... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ant397 said:
Give me any address in europe and I will record the input and calculation of the route to show you how fast it is... :thumbsup:
-The DVD-system really works great.

Nice mods on your car! D
But you`re not the only ones that are upgrading...:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Slope said:
Is that the same car you guys used last year, I noticed the registration no. was different?

I like the modifications - those CSL wheels really set it off.
The LOSE OUT plates are simply for show. Though I did notice on a video in Morocco a certain black BMW wearing LO53 OUT on it's rear hmmm

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ant397 said:
The d3 is a 2004 04 plate, registered with LO53 OUT from new. We have since put that on retention and have a normal 04 plate. LOSE OUT will again be back on for Gumball 05.
Oh haha so it's a real plate. Real nice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts