BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, we seem to have our own little fan club following that keep sending us malicious emails. Each one of these has a virus attached.

Each time a different subject title and a failed attempt.

Check it out...

Any ideas as to why??

are we really that bad?? and now the videos server has gone down...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just some spam probably mate to your domain name...:mad:

I recieved about 400 emails every morning for about a few days off someone.

I doubt it is anyone singling you guys out ... :cool:

rich

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, mine well all with viruses as well ... it is basicly the virus I believe spamming domain's ... all normall stuff these days ... and the more "known" your board becomes, ie hits in search engines ... the more chance of virus's and spam :(

I think there are some good programs out there to delete all the spam and emails with virus attachments ... might be worth getting hold of one of them to weed out all the crap

·
Registered
291 Posts
andym172 said:
Or buy a Mac and have no need to worry about them :)
Oh please ....Why are people going on about macs. They're complete crap, and don't you dare say they're secure.. Go join www.jinx.com/board/ and tell them that you want a Mac because you don't get viruses... (by the way, I've never heard of a MacOS web server..)

Hey Ant, there's nothing you can do about those emails, just be thankfull that Norton removes them, you could always set a mail rule up that deletes all of those emails from your inbox, meaning you don't have to download them..

·
Registered
64 Posts
its nothing personal just depends on how you filter them out, personally I'd just set norton to delete all mails with viruses attached or at least strip the virus from it.

a lot of viruses will now just spread to any email address they can find spoofing who its from etc so although it may look like its from your best mate, its not!

Delete + ignore I'm afraid, your webhost can probably auto delete these if you asked nicely ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jeff4505 said:
Oh please ....Why are people going on about macs. They're complete crap, and don't you dare say they're secure.. Go join www.jinx.com/board/ and tell them that you want a Mac because you don't get viruses... (by the way, I've never heard of a MacOS web server..)
I'd recommend you do a little bit of research before posting in the future... ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
andym172 said:
I'd recommend you do a little bit of research before posting in the future... ;)
hmmm

I won't say anything more, this is a car board, join me at jinx if you want to discuss MacOS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Shame. I tried to send you guys an email a while back. After watching your videos (which i loved), i was wondering if you could give me a list of the songs you used. I need to make myself a new driving CD, and the songs you picked were top notch. Probably got in with the rest of the junk :\ .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts