BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm busting these left and right, they crack and cause big time vibrations in the driveshaft and interior cabin. On my 4th one at 27000 miles. Any one know of any solutions or possibly a stronger aftermarket replacement? Any thoughts / ideas appreciated

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Nope. What you're referring to is the infamous guibo. Fortunately they're not hard or too expensive to change, though I'm sure yours so far have been replaced under warranty. That said, I've only had one that had to be replaced in a combined 180,000 miles of driving among 3 different BMWs, all M's.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Kings MotorSport said:
I'm busting these left and right, they crack and cause big time vibrations in the driveshaft and interior cabin. On my 4th one at 27000 miles. Any one know of any solutions or possibly a stronger aftermarket replacement? Any thoughts / ideas appreciated
That doesn't sound normal. Maybe your driveshaft is out of balance causing premature guibo failure? Something ain't right...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have had to replace the CV joint at the rear of the shaft in my 540 at 95K miles but the guibo looked fine. Replaced it anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sharif said:
what's up Jay ? breaking **** again I see ;)

good to see you on the board

SJU :confused3
Ahhh no s**t ! wat's happening brother? ain't it a small world. Glad to be hear.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kings MotorSport said:
Ahhh no s**t ! wat's happening brother? ain't it a small world. Glad to be hear.

Definately a small world. :byee55amg

Where are you parking these days ? I have not seen you around in a while..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts